Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, I thought I'd give it a try, I programmed my key. Now I want to un-do it. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to undo it. Anyone know how?

·
No Mo Fo Fo
3,246 Posts
you need two keys once you set a 'mykey' the other one will be admin. take the admin insert in ignition and go through the same process and there should be an option to reset all keys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can anyone answer this? My wifes new 2012 Focus came with the push button Start. In the steering column where the key would go in a non-push button start vehicle the ignition trim piece/cover was missing. I flagged it and the dealership installed the trim piece but now the "My Key" obviously won't sit in the igntion slot and doesn't seem to work. Do you have to install the key fog into the ignition slot to make "My Key" work?

Hope Im not confusing anyone... Anyone have an idea? Is the trim piece supposed to cover the ignition?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Can anyone answer this?...o you have to install the key fog into the ignition slot to make "My Key" work? Is the trim piece supposed to cover the ignition?
I unfortunately can't answer your question. I was under the impression that Ti with the IA key couldn't use MyKey. But I could always be mistaken.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nope, the My Key works! My wife has it set up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts