Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted pics in another thread, but i wanna start a new one cuz i'm excited!!lol... So here we go.
Daytime pics:

Nightime pics:

The cutoff isnt nearly as bad as i thought it'd be...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The only thing i dont like is that upper glare in the last pic. But i figure it wont blind anyone like my old HID setup...lol... So what does everyone think??

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Looks good man. That light at the top of your garage in the last pic
is from the glare off the chrome on the bottom of the headlight housings.
I used to have those same headlights, so I had that same problem.
Now I have the black housing version of these, and that problem doesn't exist with these.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
dude those are awesome!!! woot can't wait to eventually get some myself........well the Spyder version of course. anyone heard of those are good? lol anyway, those look SO much better [thumb]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I have these headlights (loudfocus01's old headlights) and I love them. Good choice! No Mike, I haven't heard of the spyder headlights.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I have the black ones as well. All things considered, I'm not unhappy with Them. Looks good on Your ride!

BTW, I'll sell You My grille (cheap) as soon as My SVT one gets here, if You're interested...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know what would be sweet, now i dont know if they have these or not, is a stock grille like ours but without the signal lights in them.... And yeah i know about the glare issue. I have an update as of last night. I took a test drive last night, and the light throw isnt as good as my old setup, even though my last setup was not cool and illegal. Does anyone have any easy solutions to improve light throw on these? These are supposabely 8000k lights but they look like 6000k to me...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Isaac u still interested in the kit?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE: Today was the first day these headlights saw rain, and guess what? The passenger side has condensation inside it!!!!![?|] So it looks like i'll be doing the OEM lens swap sooner than i thought....[bigcry]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone know where to get some good headlight sealant? I've heard of some kind of rubber that would be better than silicone..

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Does anyone know where to get some good headlight sealant? I've heard of some kind of rubber that would be better than silicone..
You could try "GOOP MARINE" (blue tube). Clean the edges (use lacquer thinner on a rag (just dampen it). wipe down 'seal' area. flip rag a rewipe. Work your way around seal carefully. When its clean, using toothpicks (the flat kind would prob work better), apply the GOOP carefully and spread with the toothpick(s). GOOP can be kinda 'stringy' so watch for that. It sets pretty quick (30 minutes) and cures in 24 hours (at 70 degrees).
It will dry semi-clear (cloudy white) and can adhere to most everything (including rubber) and its paintable when cured. I have not noted any exceptional shrinkage on projects over a year old. It remains semi flexible (I.E. does not get brittle). An if you want to get it off, you can do that (granted its a bit of work, but I have done it with no damage to the work piece).
If you want something with very (repeat VERY) aggresive sealing and adhesion, at a body shop supply, get the stuff they use to seal automotive windshields. BUT! be warned. This stuff is nasty to work with and you could ruin your work piece if it gets away from you.
FYI: Silicone has almost no adhesive properties. And you MUST get all of it off before trying to use anything else as the silicon will prevent anything else from adhering (unless its more silicone).
Good luck with it. Sure wish I could get some real HIDS for my 07.(sigh)! [bigcry]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info! I'll see what i can find. I remember somone on here talking about butyl rubber (i think that's what they called it)... If anyone knows what i'm talking about PLEASE SPEAK UP...lol..

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Well, I don't know what they were talking about either 8-D, but Butyl Rubber, like silicon, does not have a good adhesive property (Its rated as a sealer, not an adhesive). To seal your lights, your going to need something with good 'stick' properties. What I would do in your shoes is try a bit of something in a small area on your lights and see if it adheres well. Check the package for temp range and UV stability (if it is exposed to sunlight).
You could send them an email and ask them what they recommend.
http://www.amazinggoop.com/amazinggoop/index.html
They answer back in a couple days generally. [wiggle]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Here's the stuff you're looking for... LINK

That's probably the cheapest you are going to find it as well, unless you get luck at your local nissan dealership.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
focusonthis420, FocusFreak87. OK. The Link that focusonthis420 provided. THAT is the "Nasty" stuff I was trying to describe (It also comes in a tube). The backing (the peel off paper) is a siliconized paper. That paper is about the only thing that stuff will not stick to. It's very tuff to work with and cleanup can be a nightmare (mineral spirits and plastic is a bad combo).
But! Man does it stick and seal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The cut off isnt too bad but this is what it looks like with a bixeon
Low beam

High beam

FYI: The nissan sealer is the way to go... Its not cheap but works great!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the replies!! Is that stuff from nissan only for one light? or both? Would the tube be easier to use?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts