Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally, you get that annoying high-pithced whine/beep when the lights are left on... all of a sudden it isn't working anymore. Any idea what the deal is? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
fuse is blown

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I too had these problems along with a few other various things. It was solved by dissconnecting my battery for quite some time. I forget exactly how long, perhaps a few hours...?

---Randy

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
ok, it sounds like something is wrong with you door trigger. check on the inside of the door latch (on the car, not the door) there's that black looking thing, push on it and see if it moves. there's a chance that it's just stuck and needs moved around.

·
AAAHHHHH!!!!
4,304 Posts
Sting2324 said:
I too had these problems along with a few other various things. It was solved by dissconnecting my battery for quite some time. I forget exactly how long, perhaps a few hours...?

---Randy
thats funny, mine fixed itself when my battery died

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
coolkatz321 said:
Any chance you have any idea how much that costs? Thanks!
*in the voice of dr. evil* 1 billlllion dollars lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OKAY, before I go ahead and take this in, does anyone have any idea how to go about fixing it? I already tried playing with that black door trigger thingy, any other ideas? Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
First, confirm and make sure it is the door trigger.

You said "I just checked, the light does NOT come on... "

OK, does the light come on if you open the passenger door? It it does when you open the passenger door, but not when you open the driver side door, then it probably is the driver's door switch that is the problem.

I don't have my Focus here at the moment (someone else is driving it), so I cannot look at the door switch. But typically they are quite simple to replace.

If you are mechanically inclined, you can replace it yourself. An auto parts store should have replacement switch available for less than $10 (as a guess, maybe only $2-3), or, the dealer parts department can sell you one, probably for double the price from a place like NAPA.

If you are not mechanically inclined, you do not have to go to the dealer to get something like this fixed, as they are typically the highest priced service. For something simple like this, any auto repair shop should be able to fix it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts