Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have had this in now for about 3 weeks, so I have had time to develop an opinion.

So, I would say that it is most definitely worth it! The car is much more stable in turns, especially on-ramps. It is really what I noticed first. Now, I dunno how there is so much flex at the control arms, but there is! This is how I know. I have a turn that I sometimes have to gun, just to get into traffic, from a stop sign. There is a curve to the street, and cars keep coming, and it is kind of a blind spot. Its right near my house. Anyways, I was getting the damn wheel hop every time I took off, turning. Well, needless to say, that has disappeared!! I have actually tried to make it happen, and I have failed. Like I said, I dunno why there was so much flex that allowed so much wheel hop, but this fixed it completely! Just for that reason alone, I would say it is absolutely worth the 100 bucks!

That is all.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
only draw back i see from it, is when the oil is changed on the engine, the bar will get drenched in it.

but that is miniscule to the tight fealing it gives.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, never even thought of that! note *open drain plug very slowly!**

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
that was my first thought to let it drain out slowly, until there wasnt that much pressure, and it would just dribble out.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Does it block the drain plug sufficiently that someone who is not paying attn could cross-thread the plug? (I.E. I do not change my own oil).
Also, how much does it weigh?
Thanks.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its not really tight to the plug, just in the stream of the oil u know?

its very light, i think it was 4 pounds

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If I was capable of installing the Steeda swaybar kit on my 07, should I be able to install this, Nemesis?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
its not really tight to the plug, just in the stream of the oil u know?

its very light, i think it was 4 pounds
So a tech would not have any problems getting his wrench up there then.
OK. Great. I will put it on the list :)
Thanks

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ask honhon about it too. i think he changed his oil with it on. PM him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts