Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on me buying iridium spark plugs.
but i tell him that everyone on here suggest the motorcraft copper core

he works at pepboys and says that the copper core are the worst ones you can buy, but im still indecisive.
help me please

·
Registered
401 Posts
1. Since when do the people at Pep boys ACTUALLY know whats going on?
2. Since when has FocusFanatics ever told you a lie?
3. Look how much cheaper Autolite 104's are.
4. Do some research on the benefits of a Copper Core plug as opposed to Iridium, you'll find out that coppers may not last as long but will offer a stronger spark since copper conducts electricity so well.

Just my .02. im on my second set of 104's and they have been great to me and saved me money.

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arent the motorcrafts better than the autolites?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
You want the Motorcrafts;
Part number AZFS22C
Or, (newer number) SP-463

The other plugs mentioned (Autolite 104's) are for the Duratec, and will NOT work in the SVTF...
While we all appreciate the help from other fOCUS owners (the statement about copper being a better conductor is right on [;)])
please check which forum you're posting in so nobody damages their engine with the wrong parts.

BTW WRCwannabe;
You have seen this thread, haven't you??
Ask your spark plug, wires and coil questions here

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Just because he works at an autoparts store doesn't mean he knows everything. Unless he's familiar with SVTF's I wouldn't take to much advice from him.

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where do i get the AZFS22C/ Sp-463?

i cant find them anywhere.

unless they special order them, but autozone wants 495 for 1.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Just because he works at an autoparts store doesn't mean he knows everything. Unless he's familiar with SVTF's I wouldn't take to much advice from him.
or anyone that says " but you drive a focus".... as..joles...

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Stick with the stock plugs. I was changing out plugs for my moms' trailblazer and used platinum's instead of the required iridium's and the car ran like crap!! This forum board is the best place for advise!

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
I know this is just repeating everyone else but oh well. We bought a SVT for the wife and it ran like crap, I put the copper MC plugs in and its all better now.

I know he's your friend and all, but I think maybe they are forced to try and sell crap. Every time I go to an auto store they try to sell me double platinum plugs or some other useless garbage and they swear its the best stuff out there. Unless your buddy owns a SVTF or has experience with the engine don't listen to him.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
I took mine out last week to inspect/clean them and noticed mine were Motocraft platinums. Are those the stock ones like Doug posted? I didn't bother to get a part# but they were changed once by ford at around 1000 miles when my car went into "limp" mode or what ever that is called.

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
I took mine out last week to inspect/clean them and noticed mine were Motocraft platinums.
Are those the stock ones like Doug posted?
Hmmm.
Yes and No...LOL!
Stock are Motorcraft platinums, but I posted the Motocraft copper plug part number,
which is what many of us have changed to.
See here for a comparison pic and discussion:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86929

are these the right ones
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ACF%2DAZFS22CF4&N=700+0&autoview=sku
i hope they are case i bought 8 of them haha and the are being shipped here
Them are the ones. [thumb]
Funny they list the older part number, but no matter, you'll like em.
(The F4 on the end denotes they come in 4-packs)

·
Wings & Teeth
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i bought 8 for 20 bucks shipped and it said sold individually

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
That's cause there's 4 individually boxed plugs, in another box that holds 4 of em.
The F4 was Ford's designation, and had nothing to do with the part number.
I'm not sure why Summit kept the F4, but no matter, ya got the right plugs. [thumb]

OK...I don't know why I'm so concerned about the F4 in the first place...LOL! [confused]

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Watch him get 32 spark plugs in the mail [hihi]

·
Registered
191 Posts
if he does we might get a spark plugapalozza. all plugs must go!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts