Focus Fanatics Forum banner

161 - 180 of 3866 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
BT streaming usually works with NAV for me
Just because it works some of the time (or even all the time for you) doesn't mean it's implemented correctly. While we can only speculate on what kind of disaster the current implementation is, it's pretty evident that error handling is pretty much nonexistent and that multitasking is very poorly implemented. The reason the nav is likely screwing up when bluetooth music streaming is running is because it can't handle both tasks at once.

An experiment you can try, if you have an Android phone anyway, try installing a bunch of applications while streaming music (if the phone lags and the music stutters, that's what you're trying accomplish) over bluetooth, while using navigation. See what happens.

Most of the effort involved in creating software is error handling. Errors happen all the time and don't necessarily mean something is wrong with the system.

If the information I have gotten is accurate, I do expect the new version of MFT to be well-written software. But, we won't know until it's in our hands...

·
Registered
113 Posts
hello, i'm new to this forum and had recently purchased a new 2012 Focus SEL with MFT and will take delivery in a couple days. My questions are this:

1. does the MFT come with TBT Navi already? or does it need to have the SD card with the maps?

2. if the MFT comes with TBT Navi, can i just buy the SD for the maps to enable full navigation?

3. what is the latest version of MFT?

thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
hello, i'm new to this forum and had recently purchased a new 2012 Focus SEL with MFT and will take delivery in a couple days. My questions are this:

1. does the MFT come with TBT Navi already? or does it need to have the SD card with the maps?

2. if the MFT comes with TBT Navi, can i just buy the SD for the maps to enable full navigation?

3. what is the latest version of MFT?

thanks
1. If you purchased the $795 Voice Activated Navi, it will be installed, otherwise you are out of luck. Putting in an SD card won't work either.
Check your window sticker because if it doesn't come with TBT Navi, you CAN NOT add it aftermarket (yet, atleast) and for me NAVI was a must so if I were you and the Car doesn't have Navi, I would not accept delievery, but thats just me.....
3. Please read the wonderful post by JessicaTi on this thread to find out more MFT, or use GOOGLE, or yt[thumb]

·
Registered
181 Posts
My MFT was crashing a lot post 2.11 and then I did a master reset. No more crashes so far and it's a ton faster indexing and changing stations. It only seems to lag now if the dimmer is activating or the sync doesn't understand me a few times in a row.

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
FYI!!!!!!

We had a 2013 Taurus SHO here at my dealership yesterday with the new MYFORD TOUCH update in it.

MUCH BETTER! You guys will be pleased when it comes your way in February!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Excellent. Great to hear. Thanks for the news (and if you care to elaborate on some examples of "much better" I for one would appreciate it as you are, I think, the first on here with actual hands-on experience).

I guess now it is "hurry up and wait" for that drive to show up in the mail.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Excellent. Great to hear. Thanks for the news (and if you care to elaborate on some examples of "much better" I for one would appreciate it as you are, I think, the first on here with actual hands-on experience).

I guess now it is "hurry up and wait" for that drive to show up in the mail.
It was lighyears faster. None of the normal hiccups at all. Everything seemed to flow much better. Ford Reps wouldn't let us take pics or video....otherwise i would have liked to film the differences!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
It was lighyears faster. None of the normal hiccups at all. Everything seemed to flow much better. Ford Reps wouldn't let us take pics or video....otherwise i would have liked to film the differences!
Excellent news. That's honestly the main reason I went with Titanium/MFT - I knew it'd be upgraded soon. I certainly didn't buy it for the current-state operation.

Does anyone know if they'll be adding AppLink support to MyFord Touch? I would love to have that.
I'd love to know about this, too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
And more from the Explorer forum (in ref to MFT and Applink with some input from a member of the Ford IVT team)......

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-312673.html
I know you're trying to be helpful, but that information is old. I would hope people would be beating up Ford people at the show to try to either get more information about when this will be available, or, if nothing else, make them understand that owners expect the Touch version of Sync to offer everything that the non touch version offers.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I know it is old. It is the last reference I could find even addressing this issue. Silence since then. Combing through tons of CES stuff last night I could find no further references. Tons of hype and info over Applink on Sync but they just seem to gloss over the issue as it relates to MFT. My guess would be that if it were in the cards relatively soon then they would be bragging about it left and right at the show.

So, to me at least, this seems to indicate that it is not a priority and when (or even if) we get it for our cars it is not going to be soon. Unfortunate.

I hope your hope is right and people are all over them at the show. I certainly would be were I there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Does anyone have a relase date for the first 2013 MY Ford with MFT?
This is from the syncmyride forum:
moderator edit - Post moved to this corresponding thread. The Performance Upgrade will be released concurrently with the 2013 MY vehicle launches
I know it was only stated in passing, but its the first official reference I have seen to a date beyond Q1.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I wonder if it will be possible for the first of us who get the update, to copy it off the flashdrive and to post it online - think you would need a specific version? I would guess there are only 2 - nav and non-nav.

161 - 180 of 3866 Posts