Focus Fanatics Forum banner

3861 - 3866 of 3866 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you find a fix for this? The same thing happened to me 2 days ago on my 2012 SEL. Usually this happens every few weeks but it restarts itself after an hour. It's been 2 days and it's still black. I pulled the battery, pulled and checked the fuses and everything is fine. The entire control system for the Sony system doesn't even light up anymore (Power, Eject, Source, Sound button, etc.).
I have the same problem... Anyone found a fix for this? The only buttons that work on the Sony control panel are door lock and hazard flashers...
I don’t have the car anymore but I eventually went to the junkyard and sourced a new Sony headunit from the junkyard to swap in. I got one with navigation which was a nice bonus.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you so much.[:D] That was a helpful demo. Now I am kinda a ditz when it comes to driving[driving][duh] so I think I will go with the V.A.N.. ( Just realizied that VAN or Voice Activated Nav, is NAV spelled backwards[grinking])

Also, if someone else could do a similar demo WITH the Vocie Activated Navigation Package on the MFT that would be a great Side by Side.... at least for me?[cool]
Thanks Again

EDIT: BTW congrats on the 37.9 MPG, you must not have the lead foot like me, (im getting 18 MPG in my '03 Accord V6, can you tell I like to go fast[driving][race]
Thanks a lot as it was a good demo video. i enjoyed very much [:(][:(][:(]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don’t have the car anymore but I eventually went to the junkyard and sourced a new Sony headunit from the junkyard to swap in. I got one with navigation which was a nice bonus.
Heh, I also bought another HU (only the metal box), but the problem remains. The screen, Sony keyboard and radio are dead... I can hear the parking sensors, but that's it.

Do I have to marry the HU to the car somehow?

3861 - 3866 of 3866 Posts