Focus Fanatics Forum banner

3801 - 3820 of 3866 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
A lot of news about SYNC 3 today:

"In North America, Ford is making Apple CarPlay and Android Auto available on all 2017 vehicles equipped with SYNC 3, starting with the all-new Ford Escape. Owners of 2016 vehicles equipped with SYNC 3 will have an opportunity to upgrade later in the year."
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/01/04/sync-apple-carplay-android-auto.html

Another one:
Ford Enhances SYNC AppLink for App Developers with New Capabilities and Tools for In-Car Experience Innovation
•App developers will now be able to leverage Ford’s all-new SYNC® 3 technology to enhance the in-car user experience
•Ford now offers access to real-time vehicle information enabling creation of innovative app experiences
•New tools available for developers include a SYNC 3 technology development kit and vehicle data simulator software development kit – allowing testing and development without access to a vehicle
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/09/18/ford-enhances-sync-applink-for-app-developers-with-new-capabilit.html

And one more:
Toyota has chosen a technology developed by Ford to allow consumers to access smartphone apps and features via their dashboard, eschewing similar technology offered by Apple and Google.
Ford's SmartDeviceLink (SDL) – an open source software – allows drivers to access smartphone apps via the dashboard touch screen or even voice control. Toyota will be adopting the feature for upcoming vehicles, Ford said in a statement ahead of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas on Monday.
Toyota snubs Apple, Google with Ford tech tie-up

·
Registered
41 Posts
U.s. And canada sync navigation system map update - version a7

If you absolutely need to have the latest maps for your MFT, hop on over to Ford/Mercury | Home | HERE and grab the Version A7 Map Update:

Product information

Just Released!

SYNC Navigation System Map Update for the United States and Canada.

Get accurate directions to wherever you travel with this map update that identifies new roads, subdivisions, business and points of interest. Drive confidently through unfamiliar or recently changed areas and arrive at your destination quickly and efficiently.

This map includes new and expanded coverage in hundreds of cities, counties and metropolitan areas across the 50 United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.

This update will only work on SYNC systems that use an SD Card for Navigation.

Your vehicle may require a software update prior to installing this update. For more details please click here.

This map update is Database Version A7.

Please confirm that your navigation SD card is NOT A7 or B7 prior to buying this map update. If A7 or B7 is printed on the navigation SD card found in your vehicle's SD Card slot do not purchase this update.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you absolutely need to have the latest maps for your MFT, hop on over to Ford/Mercury | Home | HERE and grab the Version A7 Map Update:

Product information

Just Released!

SYNC Navigation System Map Update for the United States and Canada.

Get accurate directions to wherever you travel with this map update that identifies new roads, subdivisions, business and points of interest. Drive confidently through unfamiliar or recently changed areas and arrive at your destination quickly and efficiently.

This map includes new and expanded coverage in hundreds of cities, counties and metropolitan areas across the 50 United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.

This update will only work on SYNC systems that use an SD Card for Navigation.

Your vehicle may require a software update prior to installing this update. For more details please click here.

This map update is Database Version A7.

Please confirm that your navigation SD card is NOT A7 or B7 prior to buying this map update. If A7 or B7 is printed on the navigation SD card found in your vehicle's SD Card slot do not purchase this update.
I've seen A7 on eBay about week ago and it is stil on sale for 160 US plus 13 US shipping, but according to web A6 was the latest, wasn't sure if it was real one
A7 NEW 2016 MAP Update Navigation SD Card Sync Fits ALL Ford Lincold Look A6 | eBay

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good luck with that - Ford has closed the former 'owner to owner' forums.

Welcome to SYNC Owner to Owner!

Owner to Owner discussion forum closed

The SYNC Owner to Owner discussion forum has been closed. Visit the Ford Owner site for the latest news and updates on your vehicle and SYNC technology.

Please contact us if you have a question about your Ford vehicle or SYNC technology. You can also click on the Live chat link in the Lifeline section of the Ford Owner site to get one-on-one SYNC support at any time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems that I need package
EA5T-14F497-ED
included to get Swedish language.
Hello,

try Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack4Rev2.zip with DE-DE_EN-GB_FR-FR_SV-SE

from the following address:

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack4Rev2.zip

as i know the following are available:

1. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack1Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_RU-RU_TR-TR
2. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack2Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_PL-PL_RU-RU
3. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack3Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_FR-FR_IT-IT
4. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack4Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_FR-FR_SV-SE
5. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack5Rev2.zip contine limbile EN-GB_ES-ES_FR-FR_PT-PT
6. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack6Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_FR-FR_NL-NL

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello,

try Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack4Rev2.zip with DE-DE_EN-GB_FR-FR_SV-SE

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack4Rev2.zip

1. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack1Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_RU-RU_TR-TR
2. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack2Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_PL-PL_RU-RU
3. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack3Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_FR-FR_IT-IT
4. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack4Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_FR-FR_SV-SE
5. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack5Rev2.zip contine limbile EN-GB_ES-ES_FR-FR_PT-PT
6. Gen2v38build15128updatepackageEULangpack6Rev2.zip contine limbile DE-DE_EN-GB_FR-FR_NL-NL
Downloading...

I might try this weekend then. Just that this not will void the cars warranty, it is not even a month old.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Hope this update will be effective on '13 MFT focus. Ford Adding Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, More to Sync 3 Infotainment via Car and Driver.com

Ford Adding Apple CarPlay, Android Auto to Sync 3 Infotainment ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog
Not going to be on Sync 2 as the hardware doesn't support the QNX based Sync 3 software. It also seems like they are possibly going to be orphaning Sync 2, though perhaps not given they just launched it in Europe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello,

I'm in the UK, does it matter which LangPack I choose?

Is there any way of finding out which langpack is currently installed?

Cheers btw, your links should allow me to update :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm in the UK, does it matter which LangPack I choose?

Is there any way of finding out which langpack is currently installed?

Cheers btw, your links should allow me to update :D
It does matter, you have to make sure you are installing a pack with British English in it otherwise your voice commands for navigation will not work.
It is not so important for you though since you are in GB and British English is in every pack, so it might be just your preference what other languages you want to have

3801 - 3820 of 3866 Posts