Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3866 Posts

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A member mentioned about having a sticky for the MFT sytem and I thought it was a good idea. Here's the thread for owners to discuss the MFT system, talk about and share issues they are having and to even share solutions. I know there are several MFT threads already out there, but we gotta start somewhere. Please keep this clean as it's going to be for everyone's benefit.

For everyone's information:
http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&year=2012&make=Ford&model=Focus

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Nice. A bunch of us have asked on random occassions for one to keep all of the information in one place and cut down on redundant threads. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks for setting it up Carl.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice. A bunch of us have asked on random occassions for one to keep all of the information in one place and cut down on redundant threads. Hopefully it will help.

Thanks for setting it up Carl.
No prob.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Will somebody please post a video demonstrating Sync Services Navigation that is included with the MFT? (not the Voice Activated Navi) There is not a single video on YouTube demonstrating it. Thanks. I am planning to get the $795 Voice Activated Navi but I wanted to know how the SYNC Services Navi on MFT holds up. Thanks

·
Registered
747 Posts
Things I'd like here:

Current version and build dates affected (2.11 came factory installed on all cars built after Aug 1st for example)
Link to put in your vin to check your build date from sticker
Fuse pull reset instructions
On screen reset instructions
Link to SyncMyiTunes

all I can think of so far

Also, Thank You!! for making the sticky

·
Registered
409 Posts
Will somebody please post a video demonstrating Sync Services Navigation that is included with the MFT? (not the Voice Activated Navi) There is not a single video on YouTube demonstrating it. Thanks. I am planning to get the $795 Voice Activated Navi but I wanted to know how the SYNC Services Navi on MFT holds up. Thanks
Went out and took a couple of videos. The longer one is still uploading, but shows the MFT during the drive. I could probably have cut out a bunch of the dead time, but oh well. Will post when finished.

EDIT:
Here's the long one. I tried to get it to do most of the things I am aware that it can do. It bounces a bit, guess I should have pushed the headrest down harder.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Went out and took a couple of videos. The longer one is still uploading, but shows the MFT during the drive. I could probably have cut out a bunch of the dead time, but oh well. Will post when finished.

EDIT:
Here's the long one. I tried to get it to do most of the things I am aware that it can do. It bounces a bit, guess I should have pushed the headrest down harder.
Thank you so much.[:D] That was a helpful demo. Now I am kinda a ditz when it comes to driving[driving][duh] so I think I will go with the V.A.N.. ( Just realizied that VAN or Voice Activated Nav, is NAV spelled backwards[grinking])

Also, if someone else could do a similar demo WITH the Vocie Activated Navigation Package on the MFT that would be a great Side by Side.... at least for me?[cool]
Thanks Again

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for that... Now can I get one WITH the Navi installed

EDIT:
Thank you so much.[:D] That was a helpful demo. Now I am kinda a ditz when it comes to driving[driving][duh] so I think I will go with the V.A.N.. ( Just realizied that VAN or Voice Activated Nav, is NAV spelled backwards[grinking])

Also, if someone else could do a similar demo WITH the Vocie Activated Navigation Package on the MFT that would be a great Side by Side.... at least for me?[cool]
Thanks Again

EDIT: BTW congrats on the 37.9 MPG, you must not have the lead foot like me, (im getting 18 MPG in my '03 Accord V6, can you tell I like to go fast[driving][race]

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

Thanks Again

EDIT: BTW congrats on the 37.9 MPG, you must not have the lead foot like me, (im getting 18 MPG in my '03 Accord V6, can you tell I like to go fast[driving][race]
I would stay away from the Navi for now. 99% of those I have seen with major MyFord Touch problems have also had the navigation option. I for one do NOT have Navi and have next to no issues (aside from small bugs/glitches) with my MFT. I recommend spending $2-300 on a very nice standalone unit rather than $800 on a shoddy unit that adds more problems than good. Plus, you can use the standalone in any vehicle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just was hoping to see a video to compare wait times and lag.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Well prior to the latest 2.11 update most people said the Nav was responsive and worked well, but issues were still present with MFT as a whole... after the 2.11 update, I've seen a lot of "nav is now choppy and inaccurate" kind of statements... like I said, get MFT, but not the Nav option, save yourself $800 and just use some of that to get a really nice standalone nav unit instead.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I don't have a video but I can tell you, after watching the video above, I experience far less lag than I saw there with just the Sync services. Loading routes, re-calculating routes, and so on is much faster.

I have MFT with Nav and have not had any problems outside of the minor quirks that several others have also seen on this forum, whether they have Nav or not.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't have a video but I can tell you, after watching the video above, I experience far less lag than I saw there with just the Sync services. Loading routes, re-calculating routes, and so on is much faster.

I have MFT with Nav and have not had any problems outside of the minor quirks that several others have also seen on this forum, whether they have Nav or not.
Question: Are you using the 2.10 version of MFT? Or did you upgrade to 2.11 .... because I also havn't had issues like some people with NAV and MFT and still have ver2.10 MFT.

Was thinking about doing the upgrade to 2.11 MFT soon but still deciding if it's the right move.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I do not own a 3g I own a 2g however how does sync work with the windows down where is the mic located at?...I would assume the mic is noise canceling has I'm sure it would pick up alot of wind noise with the windows down...and my windows are almost always down too LOL.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Question: Are you using the 2.10 version of MFT? Or did you upgrade to 2.11 .... because I also havn't had issues like some people with NAV and MFT and still have ver2.10 MFT.

Was thinking about doing the upgrade to 2.11 MFT soon but still deciding if it's the right move.
I got mine late July. It shipped with 2.11. Some seem to have had real problems with the upgrade so in my opinion, if yours is behaving, don't do it. If the various murmurings around here hold true, there will be a major update late this year/early next year. I'd personally leave things alone until then.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Would you be willing to upload a video?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I got mine late July. It shipped with 2.11. Some seem to have had real problems with the upgrade so in my opinion, if yours is behaving, don't do it. If the various murmurings around here hold true, there will be a major update late this year/early next year. I'd personally leave things alone until then.
Thanks! ... I agree totally ... "If it's not broke, Don't fix it" and when a major upgrade comes then I'll consider it.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
So if another thread shows up for MFT, it might be smart to merge it with this unless it's too confusing.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Thanks Again
Hello! [wave]

You have to sit through an ad, but here's a video of the VAN, as you call it !

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlh3uh_myford-touch-voice-activated-location-search_auto

this one is more detailed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vbcfRrJ2B8

1 - 20 of 3866 Posts