Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize for posting in this forum for this question, but these are the most active forums. I DO have a 20141 Ford Focus SE, but I just bought a used 2014 Ford Edge Limited and it has Sync with MFT. It also has an SD Card slot in between the seats, but I cant seem to get the maps to work. All I ever get is turn by turn navigation. How do I get maps?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I apologize for posting in this forum for this question, but these are the most active forums. I DO have a 20141 Ford Focus SE, but I just bought a used 2014 Ford Edge Limited and it has Sync with MFT. It also has an SD Card slot in between the seats, but I cant seem to get the maps to work. All I ever get is turn by turn navigation. How do I get maps?
You dont. Unless someone has a way to hack it. It has to be enabled during manufacturing as far as I have read.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does the green bar on the top right corner say "Information" or "Insert SD card" (possibly "Insert Navigation Card" or something similar)?

If it says "Information", then the vehicle was built without navigation and there is no way to "upgrade". If it says "Insert...." then you just need a MFT navigation card that can be purchased from any Ford parts dept.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that sucks. With that whole big screen you kind of assume you have a full navigation feature, not some half-assed one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
All manufacturers are employing large screens for infotainment systems these days. Some will have navigation and some won't.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well that sucks. With that whole big screen you kind of assume you have a full navigation feature, not some half-assed one.
Yup, Navigation is a stand alone option available for the My Ford Touch 8" Sync models. It is something like a $795 option if I remember correctly last time I ran the vehicle configurator.

A Garmin is available at Sam's Club for something like $130 and with voice/bluetooth for $150 with lifetime maps. You can even use it in different vehicles. Just say'n....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mine had a $400 price reduction to get the system so it was worth it to me not to have to fudge with my Garmin anymore.

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Mine had a $400 price reduction to get the system so it was worth it to me not to have to fudge with my Garmin anymore.
Built-in GPS Nav. is often subpar vs external units (applicable to any cars)...

It was designed around 2010 for the 2011 (assembly) MK3 startup...

Navigation system is already 5 years old vs brand new Garmin (UltraHD 4K 3D 20inch wide) of the year...

·
Registered
472 Posts

Navigation system is already 5 years old vs brand new Garmin (UltraHD 4K 3D 20inch wide) of the year...
I have the latest maps, has my neighborhood circles that were put in about 2 years ago. My Garmin didn't until the last time I updated it. Don't get me wrong but I just like having no clutter on my dash and having to worry about taking it down, etc. The Garmin units are nice. But I only use nav 2 or 3 times a month anyway.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

I have MFT with NAV but decided not to get the latest map update that came out a few months ago. I use the NAV all the time but not for NAV per se, mostly to display the map for situation awareness. If I need to find a specific location I use Google Maps.

Brian

1 - 10 of 10 Posts