Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone has had this or a similar issue with their My Ford Touch system. I did a search, but couldn't find anything related.

2012 Focus Ti with Sony sound system

Here's the scenario:
Park car, turn it off with the radio set to a specific radio station.
Come back to car next morning, start it up, radio is now either on a different random station, radio is turned off, or iPod is now playing at startup.

Here are the scenarios this has happened to me:
1. Radio on AM mode when turned off. Comes back on set at 107.7 FM. This is not one of my presets.
2. Radio on in FM mode when turned off. Comes back on set to another totally random FM station - got 92.9 yesterday (not one of my presets).
3. Sounds on in FM mode when turned off. Comes back on with my iPod playing.

I have the latest software installed - 3.6.2 I think it is.
It's very random with no repeatable pattern, but seems to happen about once a week over the past 5 weeks since I bought it.
Car is driven every day, and rarely sits more than 10 hours without use.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Car Audio, SYNC, MFT & Electronics for a better fit.

There's a separate set of Ford reps. that answer questions on electronics, and you're more likely to find threads with answers in this section (though there are plenty of mentions in the MkIII section still I'm sure).

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have version 3.6.2 and it still cant remember the last freq I had it on. Seems to never remember when going from USB to FM, just picks a random station. I just deal with it, they obviously cant get this one right.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I have version 3.6.2 and it still cant remember the last freq I had it on. Seems to never remember when going from USB to FM, just picks a random station. I just deal with it, they obviously cant get this one right.
See PratoN's post, that's how they got it right. I had the same issue and it was fixed with that TSB. Has nothing to do with the version of MFT you are on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To follow up on this...
Having the audio control module update performed had cured my problems.
It only took 3 trips to the dealer before they did the update. **facepalm**

1 - 7 of 7 Posts