Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ford focus zx3. Im only 17 years old and im doing all my work on my focus my self. Im working slowly on it, but cant seem to think of more things to do. I havent done anything to my performance yet, so would like some suggestions on that.

I would like to do some interior stuff, but i do want to. So if any one can explain to me what i have to do to get like new leather or new plastics for my car and things like that?

Things i have done:

>Installed audio system. 2 12' subs. Only one in ported box
>kenwood deck installed
>under glow neons installed.
>neon tube in the trunk wit my subs.

Things coming this month. Good Idea or bad?
>16' rims
>lowering springs
>Wing extension for the rear
>New bumper From accident last november.

under neath is my bumper after i got in an accident last november. My hood is pushed into my right head light, left fender pushed into my door a bit. and my bumper is cracked and has a fat Rim Mark from the car [bash]

Only 17. Installing everything on my own. So take it easy [grinking]

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Are you doing new struts and shocks with the springs? How much of a drop are you doing? IMO do 17" rims on the focus.
clear turn signals
different headlights
paint interior trim

Performance:
Intake either Cold air or short ram your choice (I prefer cold air intake).
Exhaust
header
intake manifold
throttle body
larger sway bars
strut braces

just a few ideas. Looks pretty good so far.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Welcome to the site. Not sure what you mean by wing extensions, but I hope you
aren't planning on putting a big ricer wing on your focus. Keep it cleanly modded bro.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
suggestions from me are put the stock taillights back in, or euro's or eurostars... and remove the neons..... F&F days are way over.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
suggestions from me are put the stock taillights back in, or euro's or eurostars... and remove the neons..... F&F days are way over.

Yea, everyone likes my tail lights now so i think ill leave those but thanks. And everyone else thanks for the ideas! The cold air intake im already planning on getting, What kinda exhaust sounds good on a focus? and the win is like u know u have that little lip in the back of ur car. and it has the top brake light on it. Im extending that out more for like a visor wing. Not a ricer wing =P not for a focus lol

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
I have MBRP exhaust. and i really like it.
yeah deffinatly start off with a cold air. As for looks,
you can pull all the vents and panels out yourslef its not to hard. And then use some fine sandpaper upwards of 350 grit and higher to sand them down smooth and paint with some duplicolor paint. Its really not hard it was my first mod.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well witch exhaust doesnt sound like a complete go-cart? And For leather seats. Any one want to help me wit a price range on that and where to go to do this kinda stuff? I dont really want racing seats.

·
Registered
367 Posts
^^^thats funny...i would listen to him since he has got a saleen but look through the other threads about intakes and exhaust...wagamos has the list to get u started

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't think your car has a rear sway bar. So I would a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
536 Posts
i would suggest a borla exhaust. thats what i have, and i love it, and sounds great. if you keep an eye out in the bst section, you might be able to find a good deal on one. also, i would suggest either painting the insides of the headlights, or going with the ebay 05 projectors. i personally like the neons. as for the taillights, i dont have much room to talk, cuz i have the fake-cf ones like that. i got em when i was ur age, and since then ive out grown em a lil bit, and would rather go with tinted tails. looks good, and keep up the good work

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I haven't modded my Focus yet but if I did I would start with A drop, 17 inch wheels, exhaust and a Cold air intake. Soon after that I would think about a sport appearance package front end swap. Not sure about the neon lights, thinking I'm just getting to old for all the bling.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
My list: (My taste of course)

Magnaflow Exhaust
Stock Tail Lights
Smoked Sidemarkers
Paint Chrome Grill Trim to Match Body COlor
Black Housing Headlights
Black 17's (Black EAP's)
Lose the Underglow (Interior Neon is OK)
Eibach Sportline Drop

Thats just my .02

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey ridin diry thanks bro. Ur a big help. Yea i was thinking about smoking out my tail lights. but i dont want to do them my self. and im getting some like black wit gunmetal silver 16' so the smoked tails would look hella balla

·
Registered
224 Posts
For an exhaust system, MBRP is the way to go these days for the price.

I'd go for the lowering springs and some suspension mods next. Nice car at 17, continue to work on it yourself, and you'll learn lots.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How does Borla exhuast sound? If i spelt it right? Never heard of it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts