Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm on my second day driving the Focus now. The only thing that doesn't work is the temp gauge. The gauge is stuck in the middle of travel and never moves. I couldn't be happier with the way this car drives and performs on the street. Here are some of the pics I took today.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Where are the pics?

Congrats on the New Car!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
The only thing that doesn't work is the temp gauge.
I don't think I ever checked to see if my temperature gauge worked...

Also, the images were linked - bad upload or something? o_O

·
Registered
781 Posts
if you go into the test menu (on the left 4 way control stack hold down OK and right) one of the tests is for the gauges. you can watch them swing through their whole range.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Does he love his car so much that he went back out to drive it before he pressed "Enter" to post the pics? [hihi]

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you go into the test menu (on the left 4 way control stack hold down OK and right) one of the tests is for the gauges. you can watch them swing through their whole range.
I did go through the gauge sweep test already and it looked good so I think maybe the actual temp sensor is not working. It always reads mid range temp.

And I'm sorry about the pics, I just created an album on this site. Apparently, all the pics have to be approved by a moderator. The funny thing is, I can see them just fine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome that you finally got your vehicle. Enjoy it.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
congrats on the new focus

if you wanna post pics, upload them to an image hosting site such as photobucket or flickr and then you can copy and paste the IMG tags into your post and they will show up!

·
Registered
362 Posts
The only thing that doesn't work is the temp gauge. The gauge is stuck in the middle of travel and never moves.
Curious what others say. Ours does the same and works In test mode. Sounds like it defaults to that if over a certain ambient?[???:)]

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Curious what others say. Ours does the same and works In test mode. Sounds like it defaults to that if over a certain ambient?[???:)]
It should read cold when the engine is first started and then go to the middle position after a few minutes or so. Every car does that, or should at least.

I have no idea why I can upload pics to this site but no one approves them for viewing. Anyway, I uploaded to photobucket so the pics are now showing in the first post.[8D]

·
Registered
362 Posts
It should read cold when the engine is first started and then go to the middle position after a few minutes or so. Every car does that, or should at least.
I'm with you. I've "tinkered" with a few cars. [:)] But cars/trucks are evolving and most factory gauges were either cold or warm and give the appearance they were normal but really the normal was 40F swing. As long as it wasn't much over/under it was stay in normal. Now I believe they may be making them go right to normal unless say for our northern friends of 20F and below it begins at the bottom.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I believe if this is normal (Still waiting for others folks to chime in on this! [popcorn]) and will become what many cars will. The less us consumers see things that change, its less to complain about is what I'm guessing - saving dealers on warranty issues that aren't there. But I may be way off and we have messed up gauges lol![cheers]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts