Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It got snowed on for the first time ever. It came from Hawaii earlier this year, so this is the first winter for it in Missouri. Poor thing....hope the paint doesn't fall off. [eek]

·
I'm Back!
2,304 Posts
Hawaii to Missouri, now that's a change! Good luck with the "white death" (as they call it in Cincy).

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
mine never has snow sit on it, but it looks like im driving from my parents to my apartment in the snow today about halftime of the football game... snow = lame

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
I don't mean to be off topic but what is that on your fender an R ????

EDIT: it looks like it could be 2.3 ??? i don't know i still can't really tell.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I was born and raised in Hawai'i, too. And My first move was to Ft. Leonard Wood, Misery. You think that is snow?!? give it a month, brah!

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
We're getting snowed on pretty good right now. They say possibly 6 inches or more [:D]

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
ugh, mine saw snow for the first time today...snow sucks man!!!

i am also curious to what that is on your fender...it does look like an "r" but i'm not sure

sorry, just a little off topic [8D]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The "R"? Stands for red.....the car looks a little bland from the sides, and it just needed a little color. When I find a better red graphic that I like, I'll replace it.

This part of Missouri gets temperature/weather extremes like you wouldn't believe. I've seen 110F in the summer, and -15F in the winter. See that bush at the end of the driveway? There was snow to the top of it one year. The Toyota that was parked next to the house was totally buried in a drift. The snow went to the roof.

This little dusting has already melted off completely......later on I might not be so lucky.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I wish we had snow. My car would be lucky if all it ever saw was -15. We've had -40 before. Glad my car came with a block heater...

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
If there isnt any undercoating, i suggest you put some on it! [thumb]

·
Registered
446 Posts
make sure your antifreeze ratio is correct. I know that where i work i had a hawaian(sp?) nissan xterra come in for service, in ny mind you, and it had an off ratio that would have frozen. Idk if ford changes their mixture for the various places they sell theri vehicles but just some food for your thoughts.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
^^^ Good idea! most wouldn't have thought of that. Snow can be fun, proper tires make a world of difference.

·
Registered
104 Posts
snow is amazing fun! but i love going from front to rwd. i had to pick up a table so i take my bros. truck....i forgot its rwd....i had soooo much fun! lol

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Yep, it snowed here for the first time this season also. I'm over on the other side of the state.
My focus stayed nice and dry in my garage though.[hihi]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More snow this morning, but it's still melting on the streets.

Concerning this Hawaii thing....Ford doesn't build cars in Hawaii, I don't think. This Focus was built state-side in their New England plant, shipped to Hawaii, then shipped back to the states a year or so later for resale. My Missouri dealer bought it whole-sale in Seattle, and trucked it back to Missouri. The thing has traveled more than I have.

I don't think there's any specific difference between a Hawaii Focus, and one sold in Missouri. The factory undercoat is present, and the anti-freeze was normal. The only thing I found that might be a Hawaii clue......the car had a bunch of sand in it, under the carpets, etc. [screwy]

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it might be fun driving in the snow (if you're crazy), but driving on ice is simply dangerous....

We don't usually get much snow in St Louis, but we get a lot of ice. The temperature gets over freezing in the daytime, it starts a freezing rain when the sun goes down, and doesn't start snowing until there's a thick layer of ice over everything. Then the salt trucks come by, and the main roads are fairly passable. But.....the roads are still icy off the main drags. Which is where the accidents happen. You're driving along ok with your new snow-tires, then turn off to a parking lot, and the car goes sideways...till you hit a curb. Happens all the time.

I'm not going anywhere today......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts