Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a walkaround and the cold start-idle, i started to rev but my video cut off so oh well.

heres the 0-60...slow... you can tell my car loves the 3500-5000 rpm range.. probably have to save as this one, i tried photobucket on the first one but it took toooo long to do two videos on it.

http://webpages.charter.net/mmonteleone/HPIM0406.MPG

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one likes my car:(

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I like the sound of your car. I need to put up a 0-60 for mine and i dont have upgrades when i shift manully from 1 to 2 than into drive i can get going super fast i have a vid but havent hosted it yet.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Looks like he was drivin around my town with crappy roads. (i refuse to put a kit on mine until they fix the roads)

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
homeboyjames said:
I like the sound of your car. I need to put up a 0-60 for mine and i dont have upgrades when i shift manully from 1 to 2 than into drive i can get going super fast i have a vid but havent hosted it yet.
so... are you purposly destroying your trans?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
you really think that will mess up my trans? my brother has done it on his stang since he got it and he hasent had a problem and hell i have the 100k mile war on the drivetrain that covers it ;)

·
Registered
379 Posts
matthewstetz said:
so... are you purposly destroying your trans?
Manually shifting does not hurt the trans at all. If it did do you think it'd even be an option?

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
true, but its not good for the trans tho.. at least from what ive been taught. manu-shifting, and letting the auto do the work, they shift the same, and if you get to know the car, you can make the trans shift where you want it to, just by the way you drive it

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
tungfumaster said:
Manually shifting does not hurt the trans at all. If it did do you think it'd even be an option?
it does hurt the trans actually, search a few topics on here

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yeah i really wanted a stick but were i got my car they only had 2 of the ses zx4's left in the blue and neither stick :( and i couldent wait any longer for a car

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
same with me... but i could have waited, but they lowered the monthly payment by 40 bucks, so its about 177 a month... i couldnt pass that up, especially with it being a 2001 with 39k on it :)

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
automatic ST! It's probably still faster than a manual Zetec is. Car sounds nice though man..also looks nice..with the exception of the cheap ebay body kit which is soon to go. Good goin! I'm gonna make a 0-60 of my car as well very soon.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
my payment is about 250 for a 2006 brand new so i couldent complain the problem why i got the focus is im just 18 and i dont have enough credit to get a really super expensive car and i hate to pay to much for a car that im prolly ganna mess up lol

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
lol.. when i went, i was looking at a silver st..loaded... and they offered it to me for 18k.... i declined

now, i want an svt, after riding in my buddies all the time

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
heh i got mine for like 12k after rebates and x or z plan which ever is the family member discount and stuff. than they came out with the free gas card but i got the better deal i got 3 rebates totalling like 3500 off and now i just wish i would have gotten one with the ground kits from ford cause i like the one on ford.com

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the front of the sap is pretty darn close to the f2focus.com body kit, which is what i want to replace mine with , you should check it out, i dont know if hthey make it for 05/06s yet though. but yeah just bad roads/driveway and also this one thing with a curb is what messed up my rear bumper....

but back on topic lol..how does my exhaust sound in the 0 - 60 vid? thats with the windows down and stuff. i barely spun out, i freaking love the grip of these pirellis, and they arent even p0's they are the all weather tires lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
it's not slow dude....compared to alot of cars out there your auto ST has alot of pickup

1 - 20 of 31 Posts