Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thrilled with the car so far. Kudos again to my sales rep Ira (imccrea). He hosts the Ask a Ford Salesman anything thread in the main Focus forum. He was a great help before and during the sales process. It was nice to support a FF member and a great guy. I'm off tomorrow to go get my car tinted at another FF member's business, Eclipse Window Tinting here in Colorado. I'll post some better pics once the tint is complete, but here are a few quick ones for now.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nice sedan. I can see your shadow holding the camera in that last pic.[:)]

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice looking hoopty. Are those wheels clear coated, or just polished?
Thanks...and just polished. They actually came out much brighter than I expected, but I like them. They almost look chrome plated.

Nice sedan. I can see your shadow holding the camera in that last pic.[:)]
Yeah I failed Photography 101. Unfortunately it was 7:30p by the time I got home. I was losing light fast to both the clock and the impending thunder storm. I'll get some better ones tomorrow with my SLR if the weather cooperates. It has been like Seattle here all month.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love those wheels ... I had initially planned on getting them until I decided on the Ti handling package.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Congratulations, nice looking ride even if it's not a hatch! Which trim level is it? What options did you get?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hmm, Stirling Grey looks fantastic in everyone's photos but when I see it in real life it doesn't appear to be half as metallic and just seems average and dull. [dunno]

·
Banned
571 Posts
I know what you mean. I think it depends on how the light hits it. I drove this exact color and didn't like it in person at all.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, Stirling Grey looks fantastic in everyone's photos but when I see it in real life it doesn't appear to be half as metallic and just seems average and dull. [dunno]
Its actually super metallic. The lighting was really bad in this photo. My camera compensated and makes it look brighter than it actually was. It was only about 45 minutes before dusk and was 70% overcast. I just wanted to get something posted before the end of the day. It looks like my tint appointment might fall through today, but I'll get some better pictures taken if the sun cooperates.

Trim level and equipment are in my signature.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are a few more shots after being clayed, and sealed with Blackfire Wet Diamond. I'll be writing up a review of the Blackfire. It is awesome. My window tint appointment got rescheduled for next week. I'll update again after it is done.

·
Banned
571 Posts
What's that block on top of the front licence plate? A wall feeler?

You sure brought out the paint with that treatment, looks fantastic.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What's that block on top of the front licence plate? A wall feeler?

You sure brought out the paint with that treatment, looks fantastic.
Thanks, I was very happy with the results. The black bar is the transponder for our local toll roads.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts