Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Guys I m not first time here on forums but today i have decided to ask you a question about my Focus so:
I m a owner of a 2001 Ford Focus 2.0 Zetec(Here is where all good news stop :D)
Now my Ford has Irratic idle issiue but only for maybe 5 minutes when cold.It happpens like this i start my car and when it turns on it goes till 2500rpm and drops down to 1000-ish Rpm and then i press just a little bit of gas and then it beginns it goes to 2500rpm down to 500(almost stalls)and back to 2500,that action happens around 5mins and it calms down.
Then when i shift my car i press on the clutch pedal and it holds freakin Rpms there for at least a 1.5sec then as i get in the gear it goes normally.
Now when i unplug IAC valve it acts as any other car revs fine pulls nice the only issiue then is CEL and it stalls when i start it cold(i press little bit of gas to compensate that).
Now comes the AC part when i have IAC valve plugged in and turn the AC on it revs to 4K and back to 1200rpm.I have no idea why it does that.

Now my PCV valve is clean pcv hose is replaced,there is no vacuum leak,fuel pressure is good new sparkplugs,oil,filters,etc..
It runs just fine there is no gas smell in exaust no gas in oil no nothing.
I have EGR vaccum hose blocked as it stuttered on cruise speed(5th gear)half throttle.(if anyone knows proper fix for this share it). :)
Now one more thing my car was 2.0 Zetec Automatic and i converted it to manual,transmission that i have installed is IB5 from 1.8 Zetec (not MTX75)

WHO CAN HELP ME?I would be gratefull if i can resolve this.If you have any thread that i could be missing please share a link to it.

I'm thanking you in advance for reading all of this. [wrenchin]

·
Registered
16,311 Posts
Vacuum leak, you just haven't found it yet.

The TB base gasket can blow out at the IAC bypass channel inside and be a leak and you never will find that one as it is internal. That will do exactly what you complain about.

Reactions: yjosipy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vacuum leak, you just haven't found it yet.

The TB base gasket can blow out at the IAC bypass channel inside and be a leak and you never will find that one as it is internal. That will do exactly what you complain about.
Really??That is incredable i have done all kinds of things to this car and never been able to get rid of it.What kind of fix do you reccomend?

·
Registered
16,311 Posts
Remove throttle body and replace the gasket under it. If you overtighten the body back up that alone can make it leak.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts