Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Nice seats! Those look familiar.

Glad you're ok. Sorry to see what happened to the old hatch.
I was so disappointed and mad at myself. It was a great car....live and learn. I was gonna message you but figured you would see it

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well. This thread is over....i grew tired of continually fixing things and more things going wrong.

So I sold it to a friend who is picking it up today.

The alternator replacement is a reman motorcraft, should last a good while. The driver door handles is replaced so it opens from the outside. New radio that works now, MK1 INTERIOR, little other things.

It was fun to replace things, I just didn't like it nickel and diming me all the time. So it was time to move into something newer.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
heh gave up easy my friend xD no different then my 06 SAP.. but the difference between you and me i have no issues pulling the car down to a shell and putting it back together.

the one i found abandoned is now road legal and all the small things i fix when i feel and have time and i drive it daily..

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
heh gave up easy my friend xD no different then my 06 SAP.. but the difference between you and me i have no issues pulling the car down to a shell and putting it back together.

the one i found abandoned is now road legal and all the small things i fix when i feel and have time and i drive it daily..
Oh no that's where you are wrong.

I pulled the motor out of the SPI, fuel tank, interior wiring, everything to a shell. Swapped it to a 5 speed, added a pedal, put in Duratec wiring all the way back, Duratec fuel tank, 2.0 ecoboost engine...other small things.

It was easier to buy a new one and send this one along to someone that needed it more than me with time to play with it. One project is enough.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
so wait.. ol red is a duratec now... its not a spi anymore?

and i have 3 project cars xD my 06 SAP is my daily driver it passed everything fine for roadworthy but the mechanic did give me a short list of things to keep my eyes open in the future for but the things on the list were things i already planned to swap out..

im going to go in deep into the car and rebuild it including replacing the rear metal bumper behind the plastic cover as the underside of it is rotted thorough..

but again i have a ***** ton of donor parts and a scrap yard local i get focus parts dirt cheap now after worrk working on my car is theraputic seeing i'm still single and don't have a homicidal murderous wife anymore and partially disabled so i have nothing but time (and yes shes still in prison for first degree murder)

also this is the same car i burned half the engine components out purposely running the wrong ECU on my car to prove a point to other FF members xD took a few days but managed to fix the burned parts and pigtails.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Like the Fist, Jeff & a cool color too. I do like the burnt orange color thou, black is a great 2nd thou....

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
i still need your tails xD i also need to find a catback and a decent set of rims and im hoping for a clean snowflake set for my SAP

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
i still need your tails xD i also need to find a catback and a decent set of rims and im hoping for a clean snowflake set for my SAP
Haha funny guy. I put a 2014 2.0 Focus ST motor in my 02. It moves along now.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
You say that now. We'll see how long that will last
i wouldn't think that... SPI took A LOOONG time to finally pull that SPI out xD
this SPI has been SPI's never ending life project xD.. why do you think its easier to find a dodo and pull the entire set of teeth from a sleeping lion then get any parts from it

even with the daily threat of the engine inhaling a lifter cup xD

·
Registered
671 Posts

Sent from my SM-G925V using FF Mobile
Glad to see you swapped it over to a proper dash! [woot]
How did that fit with the 1.5 door cards? I've heard people say that they don't fit with the mk1 dash but they look fine to me. I don't see any issues here.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Glad to see you swapped it over to a proper dash! [woot]
How did that fit with the 1.5 door cards? I've heard people say that they don't fit with the mk1 dash but they look fine to me. I don't see any issues here.

and whats wrong with the original dash ??!?

·
Registered
671 Posts
They're so Plain Jane and ugly. I can't stand the mk1.5 dashes.

The mk1 dash just has so many curves and so much attitude. I love it.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
They're so Plain Jane and ugly. I can't stand the mk1.5 dashes.

The mk1 dash just has so many curves and so much attitude. I love it.
ahh.. i prefer the 06 dash it's alot easier to stick things on the dash without them diving for the floor but yeah i will admit they are just plain and simple..

one thing i do not miss with the early dash's the 1.8 din and the gaping gap it leaves when trying to use a full double.. i somewhat have OCD that gap drove me absolutely bonkers when i had my eclipse headunit [hatchet]how many times i wanted to take a hatched to that cover and try to make it fit but i knew if i tried to use a filler it would not match the curves and drive me bonkers again. and sorry no aftermarket metra kit ever fit right either wrong shade to fat to think to wide it doesn't lock in right it sticks out to far.. nyaaaaa >.<

41 - 60 of 83 Posts