Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 2012 Ford Focus, with the DCT, and about 66,000 miles on it.

This morning, I turned my car on, and got a warning message saying "Transmission Malfunction - Bring for Service" (keep in mind I had no issues at all last night). I tried to drive it, reverse worked fine, the car was fine i first gear, and went into second, but wouldn't go into third gear. I was essentially at 30 MPH, with ~2800 RPMs. At times, it would also stutter when going from 2nd into 1st.

Now I know the warranty on the clutches and seals is until about 100k miles, so I'd be covered if this is the case. But I'm concerned that the issues isn't the clutches or seals, but something else (costing me a lot of money).

I know I have to wait until the dealer tells me what it is, but can anyone give me an indication if it is a clutch issue (my guess is that it is...), or could it be something worse?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Moved to the MkIII problems section.

Check the stickies at the top here, that sounds like the TCM issue that has an extended warranty to 10/150k. (14M02 program)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, it does kind of sound like it could be that one.

So to be clear there are 2 different warranties on the transmission? One for the clutches and seals (7/100k), and the TCM (10/125k)?

Either way, I'd be covered, but are there any more?

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
There's another one that wasn't a warranty extension, the 15B22 program to reprogram all who wanted it to an updated version with added codes for easier diagnosis/earlier trouble warnings.

That came out with a letter to registered owners, avail. at request until mid summer 2016. AFAIK they'll do it if the car is in for other trans work as part of updating to current programming.

The two warranty extension programs are separate, no others at the present time and they have not been updated in terms since issued (parts/programming updates over time).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's another one that wasn't a warranty extension, the 15B22 program to reprogram all who wanted it to an updated version with added codes for easier diagnosis/earlier trouble warnings.

That came out with a letter to registered owners, avail. at request until mid summer 2016. AFAIK they'll do it if the car is in for other trans work as part of updating to current programming.

The two warranty extension programs are separate, no others at the present time and they have not been updated in terms since issued (parts/programming updates over time).
I think I remember that re-programming, I think it came out around a year ago? If so, then I think I had it done.

What gets me about my issue, is it happened with no warning. Last night it completely fine, no issues at all, and this morning, boom....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts