Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read alot of stories around here about people revving and honking at the svt drivers in hopes of a race or whatever. this is what happened to me...

my 5 year old son and myself were on a 4 lane on the way back from the grocery store, and from behind us a newer celica comes up next to me and starts revving. this thing was the epitome of rice. embellished with GIANT japanese stickers all over the back glass, a HUGE rear wing, lowered, flared ground effects, some kind of wild transformer looking front end, and the loudest freakin fart can i have ever heard.

he probably had all kinds of crap on the motor in that thing, and i wasnt going to even attempt anything with my son in the car, and i dont race as it is, so i probably wouldnt have done it anyway.

does the svt attract this kind of stuff? i thought it was funny actually.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I have had some kids in beat up POS cars rev at me in the past, I don't get it. LOL This one guy reved at me in his Geo Metro!! Kid you not, I just started laughing. That's pretty much what I do, just laugh and go on about my business. LOL

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I had a guy in a Lexus rev at me and I had my 6 year old and my 2 year old daughters in the car with me. I pointed to them in the back seat and the guy just looked at me like so what.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
yea poeple are dumb, thinkin that your kid will be fiine, some parenting skills they have, id never ever race with a kid in the back seat, EVER...
on a side note ppl want to race me too,, its funny cuz mines a plane jane 4 door, has mods yes mainly show mods and they assume your cars super fast and raec worthy, screw that lol maybe after i get some stuff dont ill acutally 'race' then

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Happened to me tonight again on the freeway with a civic, I usually only run against the ones I feel offer real promise, and usually I shut it down after a couple hundred yards.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm thinking of quiting my exhaust becasue of just that reason. I don't street race anymore. I've got too much to lose, my family, my rides, my life, or someone elses. But yea, to most people, it's just a 4 banger domestic rice. And with my streight pipe, it's not that discreet. lol. I get more fuggars trying to race my in my Focus, then when I'm in my Lightning. If they only new...

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
The fun thing? At a light, rev back, hunch down and get all serious looking, and when the light goes? Sit there and let him act the fool. Bonus points if you can do it to him when a cop is around .. LOL

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i surely should have done that, but i couldnt bear to hear that rice pipe any longer.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
LOL^^^ Viney. I have done that before and got them to act like a totally *******. Rev like hell beside them after they have messed with me and turn as soon as they take off like a bat out of hell, lol.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Whats even better is when they rev to you, and you rev back and your not even intending to race with them... and you pull off the line nice and slow... and they end up killing it. lol. That happend to me last week. I just laughed at him WAY hard. God i love little highschoolers that dont know how to drive their car yet, but yet think they can rule the world...

Once he got his car started, passed me with a finger hanging out of his window. haha. That was my reward for a fun time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts