Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background, last week I kinda slowly backed into a curb, didn't do any damage but I noticed there is water dripping from the lunch box (the first thing from the tip) on my exhaust. I think I see a tiny whole there.

Anyways, I got a CEL the other day, XCAL2 showed a P0133 code which relates to an exhaust leak and H02S sensor or something like that. I figured that it's that hole that's causing it. So I reflashed back to stock so I could take it into the dealership, but now the CEL is gone and it's not coming back on. Anybody have any clue as to what it could be? It wouldn't be the tune would it?

Should I wait for the thing to come back? Fix it myself?

Also, should the DTC's have cleared after reflashing back to stock?

Thanks

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
but I noticed there is water dripping from the lunch box (the first thing from the tip) on my exhaust.
I think I see a tiny whole there.

That's normal.
Mine's got a tiny pinhole in it as well.
AFAIK, that's put there from the factory to drain any condensation out of the system.

·
Registered
970 Posts
The DTCs clear when you reflash the ECU.

Sometimes you'll have to drive it a bit for the code to show up again.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WD40 said:
but I noticed there is water dripping from the lunch box (the first thing from the tip) on my exhaust.
I think I see a tiny whole there.

That's normal.
Mine's got a tiny pinhole in it as well.
AFAIK, that's put there from the factory to drain any condensation out of the system.
Ok, that's what I thought the first time, so what could the CEL be about?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Ford Focus Technical Chat”...
Maybe you'll get some more input in that area.
As far as the tune causing the CEL, your guess is as good as mine.
I sure wouldn't think so, but you never know.

Have you crawled underneath and checked to see if anything is loose on the exhaust?
I'm sure you'd hear it if there was a problem though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
po133 is an oxygen sensor code... This code CAN be caused by an exhaust leak... but not a leak all the way back at the lunchbox or muffler.. If would probably be a header or exhaust manifold leak to cause this code ... Im guessing your O2 sensor probably crapped out .. Can you watch o2 sensor values with sct ? When engine is at operating temp at idle the front o2 sensor should occilate ... Dont know on a ford but on benzs they bounce between 90mV-900mV typically if a front has failed it will not move or will move VERY slowly ..... If its a rear it will probably read zero rather then staying steady at approx 200-700mV depending on factory spec ... Do you have an ORP ? If you are using a cheater of some kind .. maybe it has failed ? Although i believe P0133 is for a front o2 sensor and a cheater is used on the rear... BUT ANYWAYS ... I think your o2 sensor has probably just failed... The front o2 sensor that is ..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's probably it. I don't have an ORP.

I guess I just have to wait for it to show up again [?|]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts