Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey ff, I've never done a build thread so I figured its time. (there won't be much building, just some simple clean mods.)

I'll start with a couple quick pics of the old car. My 2004 dsg 2.3 sedan, Pete.
Soon after I got it:

And just before I de-modded and traded in:

Alot of little appearance stuff done, and fswerks cai and exhaust. Loved it but got to 162k miles and it was problem after problem so I decided to get something new.

On to the new one, named rePete.
Since purchasing the car it has done nothing but rain/snow/or be -5 degrees so I don't have many pics. It's a 2014 tuxedo black SE with sport package. Anyways:

All comments/criticism welcomed!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Current, updated mod list:
-ZL1 addons front rock guards
-Ti black housing headlights
-Ti fog bezels
-yellow fog bulbs
-yellow fog lamin x
-door cup lamin x
-redline goods alcantara/nappa leather armrest
-st inlet/snorkel delete
-drop-in filter (K&N)
-Ti engine cover
-debadged (mod?)
-20% tint (mod?)
-zetec s grills
-oem zetec s front lip
-rear window/roof spoiler
-husky liner floor mats
-steeda aluminum hood latch
-steeda rear sway bar
-borla cat-back exhaust (on the way)

Planned mods:
-suspension... possibly coilovers, probably just upgraded dampers and 12-13 lowering springs
-wheels/tires
-shiny upper grill
-rmm, likely e-RMM
-side skirts (undecided)
-rear valance... 3dcarbon, 15 sedan sport pkg or maybe a modified hatch zetec s rear

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
Wow, not messing around with making it better I see! Looking good! Dont forget that Tint!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, not messing around with making it better I see! Looking good! Dont forget that Tint!
Thanks! Tint will happen at the dealer when I get the first oil change done. I will probably switch to synthetic around 1500 miles, but I'm only at 650 now. Dealer is a ford racing and roush dealer/installer and has a custom shop and body shop.
And got fog bulbs in the mail today.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Third picture looks familiar...

G/L with the mods now that Spring is finally starting.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Third picture looks familiar...

G/L with the mods now that Spring is finally starting.
Thank you. Can't wait to do some stuff to it.
This pic?

I have another to go with it too:

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to do everything at once after it was all here and make a bigger difference but I couldn't pass up a 66 degree day. So yellow fog bulbs went in.

I was pretty surprised how easy the headlights came off. 100000x easier than an mk1. Then ford gives you an extra foot of wiring to pull the fog bulbs out and switch. I finished and was like..., "wait, there was no shenanigan..."

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
haha i know right! super easy.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lamin X came in today. But it's pouring rain and I don't feel like washing it just to get rained on lol. So maybe monday.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sitting right at 800 miles now. Got another wash and wax today. Yellow fog lamin x and door cup things are on. Still not sure I did those right...
Also got my st inlet today so I need to order a drop in. Was thinking cobb with a green cap (I assume that fits the cobb). Any suggestions?
And my headlights should be shipping friday, but if they get delayed for a 3rd time I might just get a refund.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The green cap will fit the cobb, its the same filter just a different color. Nice choice! Glad i'm not the only one that had a few mods before 1k miles haha

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The green cap will fit the cobb, its the same filter just a different color. Nice choice! Glad i'm not the only one that had a few mods before 1k miles haha
Thanks, thats what I figured. Yea I couldn't wait till 5k or so as I originally planned. That's almost a year for me lol.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Nice dude! I actually just ordered my green filter cap yesterday.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice dude! I actually just ordered my green filter cap yesterday.
Cool. I wanna see the differences with and without cap. I figure I will mostly use the cap.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Cool. I wanna see the differences with and without cap. I figure I will mostly use the cap.
I'll post opinions once I get it on. I've had it open ended for about a year now. From what I read it's just quiter, but we'll see. Another member said it actually made his car drive a little better with the end capped. I know that when dyno85 did the dyno with the drop in snorkel delete it was with a close end drop in.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got my redline goods armrest cover in today. Alcantara center and nappa leather sides with light gray stitching. Great quality. However, and this is more a problem with the car, it was a little pita to put on. I couldn't take off the whole thing by removing the hinge screws, because I couldn't find any hinge screws that the install guide mentions. I removed all 10 screws in that area and nothing was holding the hinge on. So I just went to step 2 of unclipping the top most part. Cover then slid on with a little effort but gluing the edges was difficult. Then it wouldn't ever clip back in... So I screwed it back on and rolled with it. The clips and screws are beside each other so I'm not sure how necessary they are but it is bugging me. Anyways:

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
looks good!

1 - 20 of 162 Posts