Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, 1 month into my ownership and low n behold the mft stopped turning on. no radio or nav....good thing there are other climate controls.....after removing my 12g usb full of music and nav card....it still was dead.
I tracked down where syncs fuse was....broke my back trying to get it out...but just pulled it out and put it back in. YAAAY its working again.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey, 1 month into my ownership and low n behold the mft stopped turning on. no radio or nav....good thing there are other climate controls.....after removing my 12g usb full of music and nav card....it still was dead.
I tracked down where syncs fuse was....broke my back trying to get it out...but just pulled it out and put it back in. YAAAY its working again.
Did you get the 2.11 version of sync?

·
Registered
179 Posts
2.11 did noting for my car, at all. In fact, new MFT issues have surfaced since the update. FYI, from the Ford Tech line, directly in writing to my dealership, when the fuse(s) have been pulled, they must remain out for a minimum of 10-minutes...not just pull it out and plug it back in. Again, doesn't do anything except reset it back to the "factory settings" which we all know were flawed to begin with, either because of software, hardware issues...or both!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Unfortunately, it won't be your last......I've tracked my system meltdowns/frozen screens, etc. I'm over 38 now and I've only had the car since June 23, 2011.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've memorized it by location.

2nd column, 3rd row down 7.5a
3rd column, 3rd row from bottom 15a

Congrats you own a MFT join the club

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's was black screened for over 30 min. Pulled the fuse for about 30 sec and it was fine. Haven't had an issue since. I'll call myself lucky I guess.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I pulled th fuses for about 5 mins yesterday, but i had no luck even thiugh i was in the car for over 2 hours today.
Hey yimmymerkaba & KaputtEqu1pment!

Have either of you installed the Performance Upgrade software yet?

which fues was it?just happend to me today..i pulled at fuse 67 and 79, while thw car was off, didnt do anything..
67 and 79 are the correct fuses, Colossus71. Are you still experiencing a black screen? Also, have you upgraded to the new software (3.0.2)?

Copies of your owners manual can be found on the Ford owner site:

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

Jaclyn

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
My wifes SEL MFT died today too she sat in the driveway pushing all kinds of buttons then she said it came back on after 10 min or so and said "your SYNC has sucessfully updated" Can it update remotely like sirius?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It turned out that the processing module (APM?) had died on me.
APIM, but close enough. ;)

Regardless, I'm happy to hear you were able to get this resolved!

My wifes SEL MFT died today too she sat in the driveway pushing all kinds of buttons then she said it came back on after 10 min or so and said "your SYNC has sucessfully updated" Can it update remotely like sirius?
I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause, but updates/upgrades are not able to be installed remotely.

Jaclyn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts