Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2012 Titanium back on July 25th. The sales guy wasn't sure what the correct code for the polished alloy wheels was so he crossed out the stock wheels on the order sheet and wrote in " POLISHED ALLOY WHEELS".
I think it was August 19th when I got my VIN and looked up my windows sticker. Low and behold the wheels were WRONG!!! Immediately called up the dealer and was told he would have to talk to the regional Ford rep to see if it can be changed. I get a call a couple days later saying that its to late for it to get changed. He said they could give me $400 off the price of the car to make up for it or order me a new one. I said ordering me a new one is not an acceptable solution, I'm not going through the waiting period again! And if I were to buy the wheels that should have came on it after I get the car it will run me clost to $1200!! The reason I ordered a vehicle is to get EXACTLY what I wanted. Now your telling me the vehicle is on its way here with an option I didn't want... Asked if they could order the correct wheels from Ford and swap them out... nope we can't do that. WTF!?
I contacted Ford and explained the situation. They talked with the dealership and confirmed it was the dealerships fault. Ford is willing to give me a 45,000 mile maintenance plan for free. I told the Ford rep thank you but that does me no good since I do my own oil changes, is there anything better you have to offer because that doesn't change my mind on the wheels I DIDN'T ORDER. No sir that's our offer, let us know if you would like us to add it when your vehicle gets there next week.

So at this point I have a Focus on its way to the dealership with wheels I didn't order. Will probably try to see if they will give me the molded mud flaps or all weather mats instead.

Orders a Sterling Grey Metallic Titanium with the polished aluminum wheels.

But its coming with these machined and painted ones.

Why the hell is it so hard to change out the wheels when THEY are the ones that messed up the order?

I know the wheels were a $295 option when orderd and they are giving me $400 off.
That doesn't make up for the fact I DIDN'T ORDER IT THAT WAY.
And to buy them through Ford Accessories website it will cost $285 PER WHEEL! Now figure in the cost of shipping, mounting and balancing on top of it.
Correct wheels on Fords accessory site.
http://accessories.ford.com/17-polished-aluminum-wheel.html

Am I expecting to much or way out in left field for wanting the correct wheels or more then $400 off?

·
Registered
366 Posts
This sucks dude. Your dealer should order the wheels you wanted and
swap them out at their cost.

But, the painted wheels look good too. Wait and see what the car looks
like. You may just decide you like the wheels you get.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
yeah that is a crappy deal man, the dealer should be trying to do everything they can to make it right, The offered you some reasonable alternatives but that still doesn't make up for it.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
I'd walk away from the deal. Is that not an option? That's bs they won't work with you on it, it just makes no sense??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hold out for the car you want and squeeze them for as much as you can! I have a Sterling Grey SEL with the polished aluminum wheels and in my opinion the combination looks great! Best of luck!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
This is gonna be a multi year commitment dude, make damn sure it has what you want. Don't settle! Maybe start searching here for a member in your area that would want to switch

·
Registered
609 Posts
Really hate to see someone get the run around like this. I can assure you dealerships have whats known as a "policy" account they can easily charge these wheels to. It's simply a matter of them doing it, sad to say....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rod Knock,

The bottom line is you are not getting what you ordered, How can it be any fault of yours when the sales guy didn't know the code for the wheels. Have them take it out of his commission. Keep going after and you might just refuse taking possession of the vehicle as it is not what you ordered.

Montana

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I have the option to walk away. I told the Sales manager to let me know when its in and I'll come look at it and decide if I even want it.

Since the Foci are a hot commodity I don't have much bargaining power. It will probably sit on the lot for 2 week max before its sold or dealer traded.

I've been driving a buddies minivan and my truck to keep the miles off the 2009 WRX I'm trading in. So walking away from it would suck, but there are plenty of other dealerships willing to sell me a car.

I've ran lots of scenarios as to what I should walk away or not. It will all come down to the delivery day and what I think, how the dealer acts and if they are willing to sweeten the pot since they F'd it up.

If I walk away I probably will go buy a 2012 Camry or Sonata. We just bought a 2012 Explorer and at this point I'm not sure if Ford should get any more of my money.
They could have so EASILY turned this crappy situation into a very good one for them. Cut out the hassle and make it right and I would have sung praises. Customer service weighs heavily on most peoples buying decisions. I can't say they haven't tried, but what they are coming up with is bottom of the barrel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The other thing I think about is I am getting the vehicle at dealer invoice -$400 so far.
Its the wheels that aren't as ordered not some option inside the car or paint. I can buy different wheels later and have a winter/summer set.

None the less it still pisses me off that I'm having to go through the run around based on the dealerships screw up.

Thanks for the advice in the pm Elwood!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can understand you want the vehicle but the dealer should give you the wheels you want no charge and take the ones off your vehicle to get some credit back. It is really amazing that a dealership will lose a customer over something that they can write off as a loss and it won't cost them that much anyway.

Keep trying and I wish you the best.

Montana

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Go into the dealership when the car is in and make a SCENE. There will be customers there and the dealer will not want to have someone on the floor upset about how they ordered the wrong car for you. I'm sure they will find a way to make it right.

Also, what you can factor into the cost of changing the wheels is the amount of money you can make back selling the rims you don't want.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ordered those wheels as well, the wait has been long, My saleman spent some extra time with me going over the order and showing me the the various screens in the system to make sure I was comfortable about the ordered to avoid any issues, I should have a window sticker in a couple days and that will nail it down.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree that the dealer should get you the wheels you want for what you have already paid.

I will also agree that most of the blame lies with the dealer. BUT>>>

you share part of the blame as well. When you saw him cross that shit out and write in, you should have stopped him right there and not signed anything until he got the correct part number. The part number is on the freaking website for hells sake.

BUT>>> hindsight is 20/20 your experience should serve as a "how not to" for those that have not ordered up their cars yet.

The other thing I think about is I am getting the vehicle at dealer invoice -$400 so far.
Its the wheels that aren't as ordered not some option inside the car or paint. I can buy different wheels later and have a winter/summer set.

None the less it still pisses me off that I'm having to go through the run around based on the dealerships screw up.

Thanks for the advice in the pm Elwood!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered those wheels as well, the wait has been long, My saleman spent some extra time with me going over the order and showing me the the various screens in the system to make sure I was comfortable about the ordered to avoid any issues, I should have a window sticker in a couple days and that will nail it down.
Hope it turns out for your and your wait seems short!

We did the same thing except he wasn't sure what code was for the polished aluminium but said " the gals who order it will know"... Riiiiiight. [bash]

Not sure how much power the sales manager has but I would think he could get this fixed if he wanted to.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree that the dealer should get you the wheels you want for what you have already paid.

I will also agree that most of the blame lies with the dealer. BUT>>>

you share part of the blame as well. When you saw him cross that shit out and write in, you should have stopped him right there and not signed anything until he got the correct part number. The part number is on the freaking website for hells sake.

BUT>>> hindsight is 20/20 your experience should serve as a "how not to" for those that have not ordered up their cars yet.

You are right.

I figured by him crossing out the wheels on the order sheet and writing the correct ones in that it would get ordered with them. The part number isn't on the Ford website, as far as I could see. It was a 3 digit code on his ordering screen at the dealership that didn't describe the wheels. There were multiple options for wheels but they didn't tell you what was what.

Live and learn.

·
Banned
363 Posts
I would not take delivery of the car unless it was 100% what I wanted. Getting a car at invoice is not a big deal. Making payments on something that is not exactly what you want is.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Tell them you'll accept the car as is as a loaner until they order and receive the car you ORDERED.

Honestly, at the end of the day you make out a little on top, you can take the 45,000 maintenance plan and save some effort and money for a few years, AND you get $400 below invoice... try to squeeze some more accessories out of the dealership and be happy with the situation as it is, at least that's what I would do.

And wait for someone who bought the car with the polished wheels who doesn't like them compared to the painted ones and then trade them!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tell them you'll accept the car as is as a loaner until they order and receive the car you ORDERED.

Honestly, at the end of the day you make out a little on top, you can take the 45,000 maintenance plan and save some effort and money for a few years, AND you get $400 below invoice... try to squeeze some more accessories out of the dealership and be happy with the situation as it is, at least that's what I would do.

And wait for someone who bought the car with the polished wheels who doesn't like them compared to the painted ones and then trade them!
I put on 500+ miles a week. I HIGHLY doubt that will fly.

I don't want the maintenance plan. Its a huge pain in my ass to bring it into the dealership and burn up time out of my day which i don't have in abundance, especially when I can do it in a fraction of the time at home and know it was done right.

·
Registered
609 Posts
rod knock- just thought of this. pm user "natasha" she is a ford customer service rep on here. I am somewhat surprised she has not contacted you yet. Alert her to this thread. NO way you should be treated like that by the dealer.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts