Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is reading the warning for what I can't do while the car is moving, when reading the warning takes 3 times as long as if I could just do what I wanted to do in the first place. That and having to spell MOM because the damn thing doesn't understand a simple word like that

·
Registered
416 Posts
Detect a little sarcasm there, right? So guessing you're not looking for a favorite MFT function then?

But since you asked, my favorite function is the ability to show the album art for my mp3 music. It's something that most are surprised to see.

The other would be the ability to play movies/video (while stopped of course). Didn't really see this as a cool feature until I was showing friends a music video I uploaded. They were pretty amazed my little car could do that.

Really do miss being able to put up wallpaper though. Sure, we can still do it, but it has the stupid cross-hair to break things up. Oh well, can't have everything.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the warning part is an A*hole lawyer maneuver that Ford has to follow. I'm sure all the manufactures are tied by the same noose. It's not been a bad system actually. The name recognition is the worst I've seen though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I seem to have issues when using POI...by Name. Majority of the time I don't even go there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
you can play movies on yours!? mine wont play movies at all... i have the 7" touchscreen in my titanium but i dont think it plays movies...

·
Registered
747 Posts
you can play movies on yours!? mine wont play movies at all... i have the 7" touchscreen in my titanium but i dont think it plays movies...
You should be able to send video via the RCA inputs located in your armrest. It won't let you use that source while in motion but you can spend $400 on a lockpick that enables those types of features. It's never been a justifiable expense for me but it's an option that seems to work pretty well.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
The Car Audio, SYNC, MFT & Electronics section had a recent thread on problems using the video feature.

Synopsis is that it won't work unless the car is in park with the parking brake engaged. Shifting into gear & going back to park isn't enough to let it work again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is reading the warning for what I can't do while the car is moving, when reading the warning takes 3 times as long as if I could just do what I wanted to do in the first place. That and having to spell MOM because the damn thing doesn't understand a simple word like that
Along the same vein... I say "Bluetooth Stereo". It says "The bluetooth stereo device is not connected. I will try to reconnect the last connected device." And connects immediately.

I don't know why it wouldn't try to connect first and not waste time with its spiel and then say that it can't connect if it fails to connect...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Along the same vein... I say "Bluetooth Stereo". It says "The bluetooth stereo device is not connected. I will try to reconnect the last connected device." And connects immediately.

I don't know why it wouldn't try to connect first and not waste time with its spiel and then say that it can't connect if it fails to connect...
Thats because it only connects to the phone profile when it first connects. When you want audio it has to add that mode.

·
Registered
416 Posts
In playing videos, using an iPod Classic with the movies, music videos, on there. Using the connector that has RCA connectors plus USB connector. As stated above, it does have to be in Park for it to work...quits the second you put it into gear. The audio part will still play, but the video portion goes away.

To get to the video selection, (from memory) go to Browse and it should be either there or you may have to go one level further.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Favorite for me right now is travel link. Weather, traffic fuel locations with prices.. love it!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I did like the Travel Link, but unfortunately that's tied to the SIRIUS XM subscription. Mine has since lapsed so gone is the mobile weather radar too. Was headed to the beach one year and knew bad weather was ahead. It was extremely cool to have the radar up and see ourselves driving right into the heart of the storm. Very accurate.

Do miss that feature, but definitely not worth the cost of keeping it, especially when I can get all that on my phone.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I did like the Travel Link, but unfortunately that's tied to the SIRIUS XM subscription. Mine has since lapsed so gone is the mobile weather radar too. Was headed to the beach one year and knew bad weather was ahead. It was extremely cool to have the radar up and see ourselves driving right into the heart of the storm. Very accurate.

Do miss that feature, but definitely not worth the cost of keeping it, especially when I can get all that on my phone.
I'm still debating. Got two months left and I love travel link but I feel the same way.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm still debating. Got two months left and I love travel link but I feel the same way.
If you call them to renew, just ask for a discount. Tell them you really want to keep the service but $18 a month is too much. They will usually work with you and give a good discount.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts