Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I FINALLY picked up my ride yesterday at noon. I love it, it's a loaded titanium sedan with leather seats, moon roof etc... (I'll post real pics a little later when the windows are tinted)

Anyhow, my experience so far has been just about flawless. Great ride, soft suspension, the thing brakes and turns on a dime, I've never driven a car that maneuvered so well. The big question everyone must have is MFT - and so far so good. It paired with my phone flawlessly. My phone doesn't support texting and when the phonebook was downloaded to the car it's actually mainly my MSN contacts. I blame the phone though for that, it's organized in a stupid way. I'll try to re-download the phonebook and see what I get, but otherwise it works perfectly fine. The conversations I have had sounded so good to the other person they tell me to talk softer...lol

I've also hooked up my 32 Gig ZuneHD with over 20 gigs on it and that works flawlessly too. It indexed the player in 2 different car drives for a total of maybe 20 minutes, then building media commands was done in about 5 minutes. It plays my songs perfectly, shows the album art fine, skips tracks instantly, lets me access my podcasts AND my audiobooks which I thought wasn't supposed to be supported. I have noticed though and it's perfectly clear that the MFT system as a whole is under powered. I've encountered this before in products. Usually it's a combination of software that isn't optimized for the hardware as well as under powered processors. If what we heard about MFT updates getting a little more streamlined is true then Ford must realize this too and is working on it. Right now though, it doesn't bother me. You just have to take what you're doing to one step at a time.

Oh and one more thing, DON'T PULL THE PARKING BRAKE ALL THE WAY UP. I usually don't use them, but since this car is a manumatic I figured it was a good idea and made the mistake of doing that after my first ride. If you do, you'll NEVER get it back down. I had maybe 2 millimeters to do that with to disengage the button to release it. Now I stop pulling the moment I get tension. Live and learn.

That's really it for now. I've had about a half dozen compliments on the car so far, no one knows what it is and when you tell them it's a focus they don't believe you. Can't wait to see what trouble I can get upto in it today [driving]

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The conversations I have had sounded so good to the other person they tell me to talk softer...lol[driving]
That's funny. I got the same thing. I realized after a couple of days, and hearing exactly what people were telling you, that I was subconsciously yelling (well, raising my voice I guess) but it seems to pick everything up fine at a normal speaking level.

Anyhow, congrats on finally picking up your ride. Glad you are enjoying it thus far. Look forward to hearing more feedback.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My parking brake was hard to release at first but since I've been using it every day it has loosened up and is much easier to release even after a full pull up. The first time my wife tried to release it she couldn't do it and I had to go out and release it for her.[hihi]

Enjoy your new ride and put those pics up as soon as you get your window tinting.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I give the parking break a good tug, but not so much it is at the limit of it's range.

My right shoulder is bad so don't want to be stuck if it is ever acting up like it has been often after work lately. That shoulder and arm are the same reason I didn't even look at getting a manual. Not that I know how to drive a stick, but anyways...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats on the car! Looking forward to the pics after the tint! I usually dont pull the parking brake all the way up either as I thought this was bad? Usually leave the car in gear for a bit of extra resistance...if that makes a difference

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the car! Looking forward to the pics after the tint! I usually dont pull the parking brake all the way up either as I thought this was bad? Usually leave the car in gear for a bit of extra resistance...if that makes a difference
As I said I wasn't used to using one, so I didn't know...lol I haven't made that mistake again and won't.

Got an appointment at the tint place for October 16th so I might get some pics up when the weather co-operates before then. It's been a rainy mess here for weeks.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I never pull the emergency brake full on, always thought that would prematurely stretch the cable.[???:)]
I give the emergency brake a hard pull. i am an average size gal, but i yank it as hard as i can, every single time i park. Stick tranny habit.
My old car, i did it 13 years, no issues.
I pull it hard enough if i do not let it go, it will kill the engine trying to move. [hihi]

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How are you liking the ebony paint?
It's beautiful. I really didn't know what to expect but it puts a nice gloss on the car that matches well with the grill vents. Theres no fleck in it of course, but I really don't miss it. With the tuxedo black making a comeback, I may have a collectors item too...lol

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

·
Registered
152 Posts
I usually just leave my car in 1st gear (manual tranny of course) i've been using the hand break a bit but only lightly and even then it works fine, no need to yank the thing hard, overpulling may do some extra stretching over time.

The only problem i've had in the last week since i got mine is that my phone wont sync up, but my friends do just fine, im assuming my phone is a piece of shit, dont suppose anyone else has a samsung flight a796?? I'm going to take it back to rogers and jam it up their u know what, see if i can get it fixed or i'll have to get a new phone....

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my phone is a piece of shit, dont suppose anyone else has a samsung flight a796??
I don't but since it's not a smartphone chances are it just doesn't support sync properly. It may be a good time to upgrade to an android phone.[headbang]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts