Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my car vibrates like a massage chair. its really really intense and i feel like the entire car is going to shake to peices. i have a cfm's "race" dogbone mount and i think that is my problem. this is my first winter on the mount and i think when it gets too cold it just gets stiffer.

anyone else experiece this?

any thoughts?

Thanks,
Oliver

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ive heard the vibrations with the aftermarket mounts can be pretty strong.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
once it warms up ... it feels better. Its going to vibrate ... If you are still on your stock tune it will vibrate on a cold start. A WHOLE LOT. down the road look in to a Tune and it will tone the shaking down ... but you will still get it.

NOW if you are shaking while driving there are more factors in play than your dogbone mount.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
figure out whats wrong in this picture

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
my engine fell out... literally

:[ im sad

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^That is a problem. HA.... I didnt think it was the rear mount. It wouldnt shack that Much.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
lol hardcore pwned.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Before you fix that you should lend it to your Gf to see how strong the vibrations really are

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Before you fix that you should lend it to your Gf to see how strong the vibrations really are
amazon.com had some good deals on other things that vibrate recently so i got that department under control. hahahahahahappahpahapahahah

but i have no idea what im going to do[:(]

·
Registered
784 Posts
well, is it only wile moving, or at an idle too, does it vibrate more as the rpm goes up, hows it running, we need a little more info but i would start by looking at all your pulleys, make sure they aren't broken. swap out that dogbone with the stock one, see if that does it. if not, make sure you don't have any codes. may be check the plugs and wires too.

give us some more info so we can point you in the right direction.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
^^^Um...look at the picture that c9ollie posted.
I believe he found the problem. [;)]

And, c9ollie, I merged your other thread with this one and updated the title.
Please try to refrain from posting the same subject in two different areas.
Thanks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
^^^ was that the cause, or was that an outcome of the vibrations.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts