Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i get in my ST last tues. and take off to go to work, i get around the corner and get to about 3k and it starts knocking. i am like WTF, [:(!] so i continue on and proceed directly to the dealership which i only 2 miles away. my wife is 2 minutes ahead of me in the mustang, i catch her and can hear it when she is ahead of me. i let her know that i am going straight to the dealer. so i baby it and try to keep it under 3k, and drop it at the dealer. so i took their shuttle back home and get my expy, and go to work.
i get the call later and they tell me that there is only 1/2 a qt of oil in it. and they want my service records, so i let them know that i was just due for a service, the service was done by a shop near my job. i did the 1st on @ 3k, and the rest done by this shop @ 6k,10k,14k. so i get the receipts and take them to the dealer. so they tell me that it looks like the car needs a new motor. [?|] (can't stand it) and that inspector from FORD is coming to check out my car. so the inspector came out on friday and did his thing. so i call on mon and no word. closed on tues, and on weds morning i call and talk to my service writer, she says that she will get back to me. she calls 1/2 hr later and lets me know that they are going to warranty my engine, [:D] and approved a new longblock. so i hope to have my baby back in possession early next week. THANK YOU FORD! [thumb]

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Sorry for the misfortune, but at least you did the right thing and kept your service records. Glad to hear Ford is standing behind things for ya too. Hope this one works out...did they say what the oil loss was attributed to ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no not as of yet i would sure like to know what happened to the the oil. and yes do yourself the favor and keep all your maintenance records..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Whatever happened to the engine most likely caused the oil loss, not vice versa. If you were running on 1/2 a quart you'd know it, the noise is unmistakable. The fact that the engine started knocking as you were driving it is a pretty clear indicator that you weren't running on so little oil until it blew.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I wonder what they would say if you had no records since you basically do your own services [paranoid]......

·
Registered
450 Posts
FocusFreak87 said:
I wonder what they would say if you had no records since you basically do your own services [paranoid]......
I'm wondering the same thing. I do all my own services, so I have no records. So I wonder if this happened to my engine, would I be paying for a new engine??[???:)]

·
Registered
545 Posts
[wrenchin] Hecho en Mexico [wrenchin]

It is great that they honored the waranty. Dealerships have a way of weasling out of their agreements. The place (Blue Oval certified or whatever) I bought my car from is run by idiots. Sorry to hear about your trouble.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
slaphappyjacko said:
[wrenchin] Hecho en Mexico [wrenchin]

It is great that they honored the waranty. Dealerships have a way of weasling out of their agreements. The place (Blue Oval certified or whatever) I bought my car from is run by idiots. Sorry to hear about your trouble.
Don't make too much fun of the Mexican UAW workers because as of 05- all Focis were made in the US. Previous to 05 the sedans and wagons were made in the US, and hatchback Focis including the SVT were made in Mexico. Problems like this are bound to happen in some percentage regardless of the manufacturer or the nation of manufacture. For example, my friend's 03 Honda Civic had a brake rotor disintegrate and cause his wife to run the car into a ditch putting her into the hospital with injuries. Honda refused to acknowledge any responsibility for the defect, and they aren't the kind of people to sue. They payed for the remainder of what the insurance didn't cover, and are now driving a police edition 32v 5.4 2004 Expedition that freaked out a few mechanics at the dealership when they took it in recently.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
the records would be reciepts of oil and oil filters.
That really doesn't prove that the facility that performed the oil change actually changed the oil and filter. A Receipt only proves that you paid for a service.

I use to take my car to Jiffy lube and suspected that sometimes they were not changing the filter so I started to mark my filter with a silver pen when I would take it in for an oil change.

Sure enough, a caught them not changing the filter one time and showed the manager.
He really did nothing except defend that the guy must of forgot but anyone who's been to Jiffy Lube knows the guy goes over the checklist of work performed with you before you pay.

Anyway, if you have other people perform fluid or mechanical work performed, I would highly suggest checking the components and oil level after service is performed to make sure the work was performed.

Check the oil for level and a golden color.
Also make sure there is no leak around the oil drain bolt and filter after a week of driving.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Those of who that don't keep records of your repair or mods, here's a free program that can do the job for you.
It's pretty straight forward to use and I use it to log all my maintenance and any mods performed. There's also a comment section to insert details like oil type, mod type/brand, etc.
It will help keep an accurate log of all the work and mods you have done to the car and also has a field for cost to see how much you are actually dumping in to your car.

I mainly keep this for my own personal log of worked performed but the info can be printed if needed.

FREE CAR MAINTENANCE SW

·
Registered
545 Posts
You definitely should check to see if your oil filter has been changed. My sister took her car to Jiffy Lube for a couple of years. One day my dad chaged her oil and found the original factory filter still in place.

I joke about the cars being made in Mexico partly because I work with a guy from Mexico who worked in the Hermosillo Ford plant putting together ztecs. Even he is convinced that Foci are crap. I bought one anyway [thumb] with a Duratec of course. He looked really unsettled when I drove it up [paranoid] . I tried to tell him that it was a Mazda design...
I agree that crap cars can come from anywhere, but if I (or most anyone) was making a list of countries I would want my car built in, Mexico would not be at the top of the list (It would beat Yugoslavia though). The cars nationality is a detail I rarely share with my friends and loved ones [:D]

I think the car is great, and have a lot of faith in the engine. I am glad to hear anything that gives me more faith in the dealerships. Once again, sorry to hear about your car.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
so let me get this straight..if you DIDNT have receipts of when you got your oil changed..there was a good chance that they woulda said oh well we cant honor your warranty?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
mdfords said:
... so i hope to have my baby back in possession early next week. [thumb]
So did you get your car back yet?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts