Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Has anyone removed just the metal part of the pedal cover and is it really necessary? After seeing the backside of the cover it seems like a solid piece of rubber with nubbins and a metal cover.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi! Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but the Ford Performance suspension for the gen 1 focus is OEM for the SVT models if I remember correctly.

As for the little rubber nubbies, I was able to take them off the extra dead pedal the previous owner had. I don’t think that it comes stock so eBay might be your best bet, or if you’re lucky enough to find a wrecked one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The A/C has o-rings for the lines/hoses to the compressor

Tom

Hey Tom,
My shop is telling me the SVTF ac lines are not the same as a similar year ZTEC focus. The line that is leaking is at the crimped line coming from the bottom of the compressor. Do you have a part number for the proper line?

I will be sure to add specific information about the problem once I get my car back.

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
282 Posts
There’s a diagram in there that will help you select the correct line. You can then take that part number and use it as a cross reference if you want to source something potentially cheaper or more readily available at your local parts store.

·
Registered
98 Posts
For what it's worth I've got a bunch of used parts including good condition pedals if you want to go that route.

edit I also have the A/C lines

21 - 25 of 25 Posts