Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, long time looker and first time poster.

I have a 03 SVTF 5 door - infared :love:

I’ve owned this car for a year and like most people are, I am having problems finding parts. So I don’t know if this is copaceticbut I wanted to make a thread with random questions about the SVTF.

My current questions are:

-what are the options for stock shock/strut/spring replacements? Is aftermarket the only way or cheaper?

-the lines for my AC system are leaking at the compressor. Are the whole AC system parts on the SVTF the same as a similar year regular focus/ztetc focus?

-my front lip’s tabs keep popping out, the ones near the fog lights. Is there a good fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,188 Posts
The ford racing complete strut assembly is what I used. The other ford racing kit has everything you need to rebuild your struts. Best bang for the buck imho. The SVT ac is the same as the zetec. Cant help on the bumper tabs without a picture.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,188 Posts
There are screws all along the bottom black lip. Loosen the screws and force the tab back in. If the bumper urethane is torn you may have to add a screw.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are screws all along the bottom black lip. Loosen the screws and force the tab back in. If the bumper urethane is torn you may have to add a screw.
Yeah I’ve done that. They just keep popping out, oh well. I’ll figure something out.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can drill a small hole through the tab and put a zip tie through the hole to keep it up in the bumper. Or there are also these clips that hold the mesh on to the SAP bumpers that might work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can drill a small hole through the tab and put a zip tie through the hole to keep it up in the bumper. Or there are also these clips that hold the mesh on to the SAP bumpers that might work.
What is SAP?

Thanks!

The A/C has o-rings for the lines/hoses to the compressor

Tom
Cool, good to know. Do you know the size off the top of your head?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, here is another doozy.

My clutch pedal’s little rubber nubbins are worn down. I’ve seen a lot of talk about a clutch pedal cover but I’m more interested in fixing the problem.

Are there any replacement rubber nubbin pieces to replace the worn ones on the clutch pedal?

I’d have to look again but it seemed like the rubber nubbins could be popped out and replaced, unless you really have to just replace the whole pedal cover

·
Registered
409 Posts
Look on ebay for used original or aftermarket if you want to keep the factory look. Unfortunately they are unique for the SVT IIRC.

If you can live with aftermarket there may be some good choices.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It seems to me that somehow the rubber nubbins on the pedal cover could be replaced. Hoping to keep the stock svt look though i am not a huge fan of these style pedals for this whole reason.

Is there a how to for removing the pedal cover from the clutch pedal?

·
Registered
409 Posts
You can just replace the rubber nubbins if you can find it. To get them you end up with the whole pad assembly.

It just peels off. take one off and you'll see. I went through almost the same thing 7 years ago when I got my SVT. I didn't have any missing nubs, only one pedal was more worn down than the other. I just swapped them between the clutch and the brake and they lasted me. But in general, what you see on ebay is about all you have access to unless you can find a wrecked SVT in the junkyard and pull them yourself.

If it is any consolation I have the same issue with the nubs wearing off of the Focus ST pedal pads I put on my 2015 Focus Titanium.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts