Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback

Usually when I get in my car and begin to drive, the red button comes on and all doors are locked. However, as of the other day, when I turn on the car and start driving the car double beeps. When I press the lock button it clicks twice and double beeps. The red light never comes on.

I checked the manual and followed directions--turn on ignition, press and hold button, turn off ingtion, turn it back on and chimes never happen (I may not have explained the directions correctly because I don't have my manual in front of me, but I did check it and followed directions best I could understand).

I can't seem to get it back to doors locking as soon as I drive away.

Am I supposed to press the lock button on my key or the lock button inside the car where the red light would come on? This is annoying me because my car double beeps. When it says turn ignition on, does it mean start the car or just turn ignition forward so radio comes on?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback

Usually when I get in my car and begin to drive, the red button comes on and all doors are locked. However, as of the other day, when I turn on the car and start driving the car double beeps. When I press the lock button it clicks twice and double beeps. The red light never comes on.

I checked the manual and followed directions--turn on ignition, press and hold button, turn off ingtion, turn it back on and chimes never happen (I may not have explained the directions correctly because I don't have my manual in front of me, but I did check it and followed directions best I could understand).

I can't seem to get it back to doors locking as soon as I drive away.

Am I supposed to press the lock button on my key or the lock button inside the car where the red light would come on? This is annoying me because my car double beeps. When it says turn ignition on, does it mean start the car or just turn ignition forward so radio comes on?
Turning the ignition on means starting the engine. Only turning the radio on is the accessory mode.

Have you spoken to your dealer about this? Please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts