Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my passenger side door handle just pulls out but does not open the door! Also when you pull on it. It just sticks out but does not go back in [???:)] Did the cable just come undone or is this a kown problem with the focus? I just hope this is not going to cost alot. Has this happened to anyone else?[:(]

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Something probably broke loose. Is it just one door handle or both of them? The really BAD thing is that if neither handles work, you're going have to figure out some way to open the door so you can remove the door panel and fix the problem.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just went outside to make sure that the door would open from the inside and it did worked perfectly. Well I walk around the car to try the other side give it a tug and it opens perfectly? But the door handle has always been a little on the loose side people would think that my car door was locked when they tugged on it and I would tell them it is unlocked its just little loose or something now when I opened it. It felt brand new? tightest its ever been so I'm guessing that there is a part inside the door that is messed up any suggestions so I can just go buy the part and replace it and forget about it?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i had the same exact problem. there was a metal tab that is part of the inner door handle. i got a complete assembly from a junk yard for 20 bucks, and the install took about 15 minutes from the time i opened the door, pulled the panel, yanked out the old part, and put the new one in, and buttoned the door back together.

pretty straightforward. i did have to change out my lock mechanism, which was easy as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts