Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll save the details, but we came out of the gym only to find our 'well-behaved' dog panting after ripping off a large chunk of the roof liner above the back seat. It's unlikely it can be repaired in any way, shape or form, so we've been searching online to find a replacement.

As far a I can see, the roof liner is one piece, cut for the thousands of standard '08 Focuses out there (I hope.) Anyone have an idea of where to find a replacement? We have not contacted a dealership yet as it's Sunday and I'm not really sure I want to know how much this is going to cost. The mutt also ripped the door seal off so if you have suggestions on fixing that too, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. [dunno]

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
if only it wasnt an 08 i have a spare sitting in my basement :-\ good luck, the dealership will probably charge you an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if only it wasnt an 08 i have a spare sitting in my basement :-\ good luck, the dealership will probably charge you an arm and a leg.
Any recommendations on where to buy something like this? Is there another/more official part-name for this? Would it be called a headliner as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
its called the headliner

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
A Ford dealer is your only hope.....those things come in a monster big box, and are very fragile. They usually come out through a rear door after taking out the seats. With a wagon or a H/B they may come out through the rear hatch.

Check with your insurance company...either car insurance or home-owner's insurance. It may be covered. They are expensive.....

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You know, I saw a pic (on here?) where somebody left their dog in the car (Fortunately it was not a Focus!) and the dog ate the steering wheel and dash!

·
Registered
68 Posts
you can get headliner kits from autoparts stores... Just pull the headliner, spray some glue on it and throw the new liner on.. let it dry and reinstall it...

·
Registered
117 Posts
try lookin on ebay. they had an 08 that was totaled and were selling out parts. you could contact that guy and see if the headliner was damaged any... how big is the hunk? cuz i could have a solution in fixing it... can u get pics of it?

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
If it were me, I'd take it out, fill it up best you can with foam build up or something similar, then cover the whole thing in either cloth, or micro suede or whatever you want.

Just saying, sounds like something you could repair.

Pics would help more though

·
Registered
117 Posts
thats what i was thinking. you could take the liner out, get some tape and cover the hole on the roof side, then use some kind of foam, like the spray foam and fill in the hole and let it dry then take a razor and cut the excessive off, then take more tape and run it over the hole. then you could put whatever type of fabric you wanted on it, or take it to a place that does them. its not hard to do them, me and my friend custom made one for his truck.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
I agree, i would go with a repair and recover with microsuede. Im looking at an online dealer right now and regular pricing would be ~$460. Of course it would be around cheaper from mike, but then the shipping for that beast would be jaw dropping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts