Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my car in to get my oil changed and while I was there told them to look at my thermostat housing. I told them it probably needs a new o ring. They come back to me telling me to replace the housing and flush and fill my antifreeze would be 325 bucks! I was like no thank you. I am going to order the o ring tonight. It has been leaking since last winter. I should of fixed it in the summer, now i have to freeze my but off in my unheated garage.
And... I went and talked to the service manager about replacing my clutch. Once i said SVT focus i mine as well said "jkskjs". She was asking me a bunch of engine questions about it to get information on my clutch. She even had my vin# right in front of her. She could of just looked it up. After about 20-25 mins of her making calls back and forth to someone and going off of 2 computers she came up with a quote. First she said Ford recommends replacing the tranny too. . I said NO. The parts came out to 938 and the labor 1162. 2100 total. I felt like I brought my SVTF to a Honda dealership trying to get work done on it. And another service guy said." Why are you bringing it to a dealership to get a clutch, its just a clutch. Just go bring it to Mr. Transmission." I dont think i am even going to bring my car back to them for a freakin oil change. I might call an SVT dealership to get a quote maybe they would be a little better informed about my car.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Yeah, don't go there again. They obviously aren't a well informed dealership.
There's a lot of those out there, but there are also really great and knowledgeable
dealerships out there also. Give another one a try sometime. An svt dealership would be a good idea.

·
Registered
163 Posts
sounds like the dealership here, i need new shifting forks, so i called them to see how much tehy would charge to do the job, he said "ill call you back in 15 minutes". ok.

phone call, answer teh phone "uhhh yes mr. tone, its going to be 3500.00"

"3500.00 to replace my shifting forks!?!?"

"no, 3500.00 for a new transmission"

"i didnt ask for a new transmission, i asked about shifting forks...."

"oh well im not sure how much thats going to be."

"bye" hahahah

thats how all my experiences go with the ford dealership here, idk why i keep trying them, hoping they get some different people working there

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya there probably is. Just kind of gets me mad. You would think dealership service would be the best. Not the Ford by me though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like the dealership here, i need new shifting forks, so i called them to see how much tehy would charge to do the job, he said "ill call you back in 15 minutes". ok.

phone call, answer teh phone "uhhh yes mr. tone, its going to be 3500.00"

"3500.00 to replace my shifting forks!?!?"

"no, 3500.00 for a new transmission"

"i didnt ask for a new transmission, i asked about shifting forks...."

"oh well im not sure how much thats going to be."

"bye" hahahah

thats how all my experiences go with the ford dealership here, idk why i keep trying them, hoping they get some different people working there
...ya sounds like the people I went to.

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
along with replacing your trans im sure some of that cost was filling your blinker fluid and checking your exhaust bearings...theives!

·
Registered
752 Posts
yea i just had to get my clutch fixed but it was only 1509+tax.. then i had to get my heat shield and a heater hose which was another 212 so for all that it was around 1900.. but reverse still doesnt work real well

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
lol they almost got me with changing my exhaust bearings
wow i woulda reported them to somebody!! not sure to who right now but especially if i had it in a reciept.

·
Registered
347 Posts
im not to fond of the ford dealer either, i had to call a total of all, which is 6, ford dealers in my area to get the PCM reflash so my hessitation would go away between 2 and 3k rpms. now it idols way high on cold start, but anyways, ford dealers suck, and this forum itself has helped me with more of my troubleshooting than any dealer has. so ill stick with this. its easier and people are more in tune with my type of car.

also, dealers will nickel and dime you for everything they can get out of you. its called pitching the sale. i work for one, i know how it goes sometimes, but i wont tell you your muffler bearing is bad, or your blinker fluid is low, or you need a new tranny because of a bad clutch. we joke all the time about it, but never actually tell the customer. ford dealer people are idiots.

if they try to do it again to anyone, tell them to go right ahead with the muffler bearing, and fill your blinker fluid, then also tell them to save the old part for you, and have them show you the blinker fluid bottle, so you can do it at home. see what they say.

ford dealers suck.

just my opinion.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
I got my clutch done at a local place for 1200, and it was for everything (even a new flywheel....don't ask lol) Knowing what I do now, though, I would have gone aftermarket. The stock clutch sucks haha

oh wait, that 1200 included a new thermostat housing too [neener] lol

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
i need a new t stat not housing lol. i hopefully dont need a new clutch for a while but it will NOT be by a dealer i will do it in my driveway and go aftermarket. SPEC stage 2 perhaps =)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow i woulda reported them to somebody!! not sure to who right now but especially if i had it in a reciept.

They didnt actually try and tell me to change my exhaust bearings. I just posted that because I never heard of that one before. ...I've heard of the headlight fluid and blinker fluid and those though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i need a new t stat not housing lol. i hopefully dont need a new clutch for a while but it will NOT be by a dealer i will do it in my driveway and go aftermarket. SPEC stage 2 perhaps =)
I got my O rings in today from Mcmaster-Carr, I am going to put one in friday after work. Hopefully that will stop the leak. Once I get it in I will probably put up a post asking of anyone wants an O ring because I had to get 25 of them.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I got my O rings in today from Mcmaster-Carr, I am going to put one in friday after work. Hopefully that will stop the leak. Once I get it in I will probably put up a post asking of anyone wants an O ring because I had to get 25 of them.
Which O ring did you get? I got the one for the bottom plug fitting. I got the metric size per the how to thread.
Dan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts