Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...is to order me a new mirror. So since it seems to only affect some of us and only my passenger side mirror does it, I'm hoping this new mirror will be of the non-whistling variety.

They think my rattle was that my headliner disconnected and they have reattached it, so let's hope that takes care of it.

They also ordered me a new Focus badge so that will probably get stuck on when they do my mirror.

I'm returning my loaner tonight, I got the ESP with first day rental so they gave me an Explorer and it's so big I'm afraid to park it!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Was your dealer nice about getting the rattle fixed? I feel like my dealer will give me a dirty look... Plus, I have the adhesive stain.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was your dealer nice about getting the rattle fixed? I feel like my dealer will give me a dirty look... Plus, I have the adhesive stain.
The service at my dealer was super nice. I just approached them nicely about everything and it went really well. If I were you, I'd just say something like

"I have these weird stains appearing on the inside of my roof and I've read online that it might be issues with the adhesive. While it's in, can you also try to solve this rattle I've been having?"

You could also contact your sales guy if you had any type of relationship with him and explain your issues. Ask if he could connect you to a nice guy in the service department to get these problems taken care of.

Good luck!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Thanks for the report. My car is going in for oil soon. I'll bring up the mirror whistle with them and hope for the same help myself.

·
Registered
747 Posts
i'm pretty sure its just the puddle lamp that does the whistle. never been bored enough to try to fix it myself though. of course i dunno if SE has puddles so who knows

·
Registered
141 Posts
of course i dunno if SE has puddles so who knows
It does not, which (side rant) i find ridiculous since its part of an ADD ON that costs $495. I don't care what trim you have, if you spend $495 on a package you should get all the stuff that comes with it!

·
Registered
724 Posts
It is quite clear what comes in the winter pkg with the different models.

The winter pkg gives you side markers in the mirrors with the SE which is standard on the SEL and Ti. The SEL and Ti give you the puddle lamps. Everything else is the same.

They have to distinguish the models or there would be no point to having different models.

And FWIW the puddle lamps are a useless add on, having the side of the door and the ground under the mirror lit serves no useful purpose.

·
Registered
187 Posts
And FWIW the puddle lamps are a useless add on, having the side of the door and the ground under the mirror lit serves no useful purpose.
Remembering that it is a "winter package" the light might well reveal ice before you step on it as you get out of the car.

Although any people around might enjoy my prat fall I probably wouldn't.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, in your opinion of course, for what it is worth, others might find them very useful as I do...
Chris

·
Registered
123 Posts
i'm pretty sure its just the puddle lamp that does the whistle. never been bored enough to try to fix it myself though. of course i dunno if SE has puddles so who knows
I have an SE + winter package (no puddle lamps) and I have rampant whistling at speeds above 50mph or so.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Remembering that it is a "winter package" the light might well reveal ice before you step on it as you get out of the car.

Although any people around might enjoy my prat fall I probably wouldn't.
You open the door and the light moves away from the car toward the front and the door shadows where you are going to step. And approaching the car it only lights up a small area at the front of the door not where the door handle is or as with getting out once the door opens it moves away from where you are standing to get in.

All that said my wife thinks all the lights that come on are cool as well as the interior ambient lights. So when she is happy i am happy. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well in for my first oil change at DeLacy Firs in Buffalo, NY and brought up the whistling mirrors and got a quick short answer of "yeah you have air circulating"

Guess that's that for me

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.851142,-78.695905

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well in for my first oil change at DeLacy Firs in Buffalo, NY and brought up the whistling mirrors and got a quick short answer of "yeah you have air circulating"

Guess that's that for me

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=42.851142,-78.695905
Did you take the tech on a test drive with you? For me the whistle is ear piercing when the windows are down. Sometimes I can hear it with the windows up and the radio on!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Did you take the tech on a test drive with you? For me the whistle is ear piercing when the windows are down. Sometimes I can hear it with the windows up and the radio on!
Kryssa, did the change stopped the whistle ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kryssa, did the change stopped the whistle ?
I'll let you know when the mirror arrives and they install it. It's been 2 weeks now.

Also waiting for a new Focus badge as my car de-badged itself and I won't take the car in until both are waiting at the dealership to be installed.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'll let you know when the mirror arrives and they install it. It's been 2 weeks now.

Also waiting for a new Focus badge as my car de-badged itself and I won't take the car in until both are waiting at the dealership to be installed.
Thank you! I hope you get your car soon.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Also waiting for a new Focus badge as my car de-badged itself...
Did you have to pay more for this feature!? [rofl]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts