Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My dealer refused to install 225/40/18 Winter tires on my 2014 ST

7233 Views 26 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Elizabeth
So I had a long wait for my ordered new Focus ST3. I bought a set of Ford Racing wheels to use with Winter tires. I decided on Michelin Ice X3 but they do not come in the ST size tire of 235/40/18
So I got the 225/40/18
Turns into fiasco as dealer will NOT install the tires. Claiming the tires must be the original size.
I was completely blindsided, argued with them and Ford. (Person at Ford simply called dealer, and reiterated what the dealer said to me)
So not only do I have no Winter wheels, I am probably blacklisted with Ford at this point, since in my ranting the person felt I had 'insulted him' ??.

So I am returning the tires to Tire Rack. (Which STILL has 225/40/18 listed as an alternative size for the Focus ST.

The end result of this is I probably will not even do snow tires, and just leave the damn Summer Only tires on all Winter.
I was going to try that anyway, but peer pressure got me to change my mind. Seems the Universe had other plans for me then tooling around on Winter tires...
Some sort of lesson to be learned in all this. [hihi]

PS Tire Rack is being really nice about taking the tires back. So thanks Tire Rack. Sorry about the SNAFU.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
4,518 Posts
Can't rationalize with someone that has an epiphany.
Always a good idea to just ignore ratings I guess. Who needs them?
I can be my own expert. Guru supreme. No need for engineers to decide.. I can decide for myself.
Is that another epiphany? [sleeping]

Just curious what's in it for you to 'diss me for not wanting to keep tires which are not meeting the requirements?

· I used to drive this
3,907 Posts
You post a thread fail by stating you where "blindsided" by the dealer for buying the wrong tires and trying to have the dealer install tires. Lmao! 8 people suggested to take the tires to another shop which you failed to engage only to post what your gonna do anyway. I guess the question is why start a thread like this anyway. Just tell tell the world you messed up and found your own solution? Sounds more like a personality issue than someone "dissing" you. Maybe another epiphany is needed.

· Registered
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I should have just accepted that you have poor reading comprehension instead of responding to your post. If you have no idea what you are actually writing about... Who am I to try to correct you?

· 8 DAY HOMECOMING
18,755 Posts
Harsh a little geez. If you knew where she was coming from you would understand, but I guess not.

The tires were said to fit on TireRack.com, so she bought them. There was a problem with the rating on them, not being "z" if I remember correctly, and so they wouldn't put them on. Even though there is nothing wrong with them. Dealer specificities. Dumb if you ask me. Its safe, she did her research.

She called around to other places and they wouldn't put them on either, something like Dealership politics was used.

Oh well, over and done with, she sent them back, imaginary boo boo has gone away. Enjoy the rest of your night.

· Registered
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
OK new info: finally got the new 235/40/18 Blizzak LM-32 tires on my black painted Ford Racing wheels and on the car.
Tire Rack gave me the refund for the wrong size tires.
So all is well.
I washed my Rado Grey wheels and tires off and stuck them in storage.

The Blizzak are way better than the Summer only tires though I have only been in small patches of snow. It all was pretty well cleared up overnight though we had 4" snow yesterday.
I plan on snow tires on car from Nov 20 to March 20 each year.
Keep the snows from being beaten on dry warm pavement.
(which has been said is the death of Blizzak treadlife)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.