Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My dealer refused to install 225/40/18 Winter tires on my 2014 ST

7232 Views 26 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  Elizabeth
So I had a long wait for my ordered new Focus ST3. I bought a set of Ford Racing wheels to use with Winter tires. I decided on Michelin Ice X3 but they do not come in the ST size tire of 235/40/18
So I got the 225/40/18
Turns into fiasco as dealer will NOT install the tires. Claiming the tires must be the original size.
I was completely blindsided, argued with them and Ford. (Person at Ford simply called dealer, and reiterated what the dealer said to me)
So not only do I have no Winter wheels, I am probably blacklisted with Ford at this point, since in my ranting the person felt I had 'insulted him' ??.

So I am returning the tires to Tire Rack. (Which STILL has 225/40/18 listed as an alternative size for the Focus ST.

The end result of this is I probably will not even do snow tires, and just leave the damn Summer Only tires on all Winter.
I was going to try that anyway, but peer pressure got me to change my mind. Seems the Universe had other plans for me then tooling around on Winter tires...
Some sort of lesson to be learned in all this. [hihi]

PS Tire Rack is being really nice about taking the tires back. So thanks Tire Rack. Sorry about the SNAFU.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
I had the same issues a few years back with my winter tires… Dealer wouldn't install them on my SVT because the size was not stock… It's obviously an issue where if you get in an accident with tires that were NOT the stock size, and they knew about it, and installed them, they could be at fault… it's obviously an issue that has happened, otherwise why would it be an issue?

I did exactly what Joeywhat said to do… took them to another shop, had them installed, and had NO issues during the winter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.