Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:(] [bigcry] [bawling] Yea i was exiting off the 14 freeway to take my sisters boyfriend home yesterday and it went out. When i exited i put it in neutral and cruised, slowed it down to about 40-45 and tried to put it into third, when i pressed on the clutch and tried to put it into third it made a grinding noise and my clutch got real loose, and it wouldnt go. So i slowed down to 20 and tried to put it into second gear, and still no go. I came to a complete stop and tried to put it into first and i still had no luck. I had to get it towed back to my house and i gotta get the dealership to come and pick it up monday morning to see whats wrong with it.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
Yeah mines been slipping pretty bad too. I havn't had any problems though with shifting it. I just slips in all gears now [:(] Good luck though.

BTW I moved you to the SoCal Forums [thumb]

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sucks, i wonder what could have happened,
Thanks lol i would have never figured out how.

·
Registered
570 Posts
did u have any clutch slipping problems when it happend???

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it was shifting just fine when i would drive around no problems whatsoever

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
I know that something on my clutch pedal broke(50k ago) which didn't cause it to return all the way sometimes and my slave cylinder leaking was a sure cause, but Ford Techs said nothing was wrong [rolleyes]

At least it's in my records before my car left it's b2b warrenty of my problems, I wonder if calling Ford they'd do anything to help?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i called but since i bought it through a nissan dealership my warrenty is with them, so i dunno if i would have to come out of pocket to fix it. I know when i called the nissan dealership to fix it they said that they would get a truck to come and get it and that they would fix it so i dunno. I think i also forgot to mention that after it broke down a passing tow truck towed me into a parking lot and when he was lowering the car i noticed that there was a puddle under the car of some clear liquid, the driver said it might be clutch fluid but he didnt know, any ideas what that could have meant?

Thanks for all the input u guys i really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
could have been brake fluid and your slave cylinder might have messed up and leaked on your clutch.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[bigcry] all is lost

1 - 10 of 10 Posts