Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please leave some comments, i know that some of the text is hard to read, but just check out the video parts of it... too bad my family wasn't recording the pass of me spanking a 2004 s2000 in 1st, 2nd, and all of third, but 4th they pulled pass, only beating me by .1 sec!! 14.9 - 15 flat... oh and DON"T miss the ZX3 vs. SVT part!!!

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=jrsc-video

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea im not going to blame it completely on my shitty traction, but i'm not the best driver I"LL ADMIT IT! If we had a good driver, we would have taken that s2000 by a car length or two!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well it seems like youre getting plenty of practice so just keep on going and im sure youll get the times down even more[thumb]

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
nice.....but didnt u just post a opinion on the forum about the supercharger like a week or 2 ago....u got it on, dynoed it, took it to the track all that fast. Nice

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
i always thought and heard that S2000s ran like a 14.2. maybe motor trend and sport compact car are either alot better drivers or are smokin something when they post their #s. or that guy cant drive...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nice concept of the vid, like the before and after of your car's transformation. I hope you're happy with the FI choice, I wish I had mulah for that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
OKAY i watched the vid and ill admit it...I was DRIVING THE SVT FOCUS!!! Yea he got me. I had a 1.02 reaction time to his .57 and the times were closer than u think. a 15.2 n mine a 15.8 he crossed at 91mph i crossed a 90mph. CAN SOMEON PLEASE EXPLAIN TO HIM THO THAT THE 1/4 mile time starts on MOVEMENT and NOT on green light. (i could sit there for a minute n still run a decent time...am i correct?) But still winning is winning n i gotta give my friend props hes done A LOT of work on that car. Mine is BONE stock under the hood so i cant complain for wat i did run. GIVE ME A YEAR! lol. But yea awesome car i only wish mine could go that fast. Even with the best run im only behind ya by 8 tenths of a second tho remember that! Don't worry i know u could run 14's im just raggin ya. SAME TIME NEXT WEEK???? and yes he can eat an svt for breakfast!!!!!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
15.2 with a camera man in my car as well, yea i'm still happy with that run. should of heard this guy before 2 weeks ago! SVT this SVT that... wish i had a voice recorder back then... HA Oh chris, with the 15.2, ur not referring to the race of u n me, wathc the vid, it clearly says 15.10!

·
Registered
111 Posts
yea but shawn with the best run of both of us i was still only laggin by 8 tenths of a second as i "clearly stated" above. and yea SVT's are nice shawn just think....dropping 4-5 grand into a motor and only beating me by 8 tenths of a second so far...not worth the money...drop one on an SVT then who would be talkin???

I mean im sitting here giving you props for what youve done so dont be an ass about it...good job on all that money spent but now think...what more potential does your car have that mine doesnt...i could drop in 4 mods n run right with ya...so ive been told, intake, exhaust, UDP and a lighter flywheel. So please when someone gives you a compliment accept it dont take it and be a jerk...your the one that wouldnt race me n kept sayin oh well i cant my clutch isnt broken in because i have the miles on it but they are highway miles not city miles so...yea your car is fast and is capable of 14's with ease but when someone gives you a compliment like i said take it for what it's worth. im not being a dick i just rather have fun together than make it a competition. Take it easy man.
~Chris

anyone got any ideas on getting mine to run with his???? WITHOUT SUPERCHARGING IT?!?!
and PLEASE someone who has raced before and MORE THAN one person or he wont believe it, tell him that the 1/4 time starts on movement not on green!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
umm i think his supercharged zx3 is still cheaper than your svt. and he spanked you. sorry just had to stand up for us poor non-svt folk.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Actually correct me if I'm wrong shawn but... i believe he paid somewhere around $9,000 for his focus and has done about 6,000 in mods to it over all thats about 15,000 dollars. I on the other hand am not rich i got a deal of 12,800 on mine used wit 35k miles on it...Bone stock and again yes i know he won but it wasnt by all that much...give me a lil bit of time...and yes i do have MAD props for ANY ZX3 that can even so much as keep up with an SVT let alone beat it so please do not think in any way that i am putting down his car because i love his car. Theres just no comparison between the two anymore now that he got his blower. I give him an A+++++ on his work time n money that hes dropped into it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts