Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well guys it is starting to warm up again here in evansville indiana and some more of my external mods are becoming possible to do in more normal weather instead of 20 degree cold and rain. so far i have taken all of the yellow from the inside of the car out except the shift boot and emergency brake boot, because i cant find boots for them in black. also, just detailing the car whenever i get a chance.

i also took off the gawdy vinyl, everything that was chrome got converted to black, such as the tailpipe muffler thing, my gas door, and most importantly i just got wheels a few days ago. i have some pics of my progress so far. next on the list is new taillights and headlights, black ones. and also a new body kit with a paintjob that MATCHES!! let me know how i am doing so far, thanks guys for the help so far!!

**BEFORE PICTURES**

**CURRENT AFTER PICTURES**

·
Registered
479 Posts
Oh yeah great decision to throw away all the stickeys, looks much better! Now tint those tails and you'll be set!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
u dont have to tint the tails, but paint all the chrome inside them black, or yellow

·
Registered
580 Posts
WOW, looks so much better. Only thing that looks off is the black fuel door, but the new rims and all other changes look really good, keep up the good work!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
wow that car has improved ten fold... getting rid of the graphics and rims were the best move you coulda made! its actually one of the few yellow focus i like.. good work [thumb]

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
MUCH better man! I have two suggestions though. This is just me, but I'd get smoked tails and change that gas cap so something other than black. Other than that I'm lovin what you're doing with your ride.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah, i am planning on getting blacked out headlight and taillights, i like the gas door being black though. it looks better in person, PLUS it looked better than the chrome whic was flaking off before.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree w/ babyface. tint the tails or paint the inside yellow or black. Sweet Ride, and I like the black gas cap.

·
Registered
148 Posts
chunkitron3030 said:
how do i get them apart? also, if i do get them apart wont they fog up the inside in certain weather conditions?
heat gun, you can get them for about $20 at kragen/ parts america. or use a hair dryer. heat up the outside edges of the lights until the glue melts to where you can pull the cover off the back housing. be careful not the melt the lights themselves though ;)

after the covers are off, prep as you would any paint job, spray and reseal with a good weather sealant (preferably clear unless you paint them black)

the car looks good though, great job un-fu**ing it :)

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
chunkitron3030 said:
yeah, i am planning on getting blacked out headlight and taillights, i like the gas door being black though. it looks better in person, PLUS it looked better than the chrome whic was flaking off before.
I agree, it looks better than the chrome one. I don't know, it just doesn't do it for me...i'd rather see it match the car.....but it's your car man [:D] I wouldn't let anyone tell me what to do to my car! That's my only complaint though, looks great![:D]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.