Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 2012 focus sel automatic sedan and since I got it nothing but problems. Car when drive or reverse would drive but it would rev up high in gear like someone was piping it would go up to 3-4k and in reverse it would feel like someone is stepping on brake on and off as your trying give it gas. Brought it Ford they said it need new clutch so paid 1700. For new clutch picked up car same exact problem. I brought car back they said clutch was defective they put new 1 in picked it up same thing . They put 3 clutches in car finally they had car 6 wks said it needs new computer bought a computer used they put it and reprogrammed it car runs little better but still does the same thing u come to stop light u give it gas and feels like the brakes locking up on it same in reverse your on highway the rpms jump up all over place. Not all the time if I go for 25 minute ride does it few times last about 20 seconds then it drives good . Know dealership wont respond to my emails or return my calls. I'm lost here. Car has like 120k so it's out of warranty on recall

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is it the 6 speed automatic transmission? If so it might be the transmission control module which is under warranty for 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car has in automatic but I know it's the transmission that has a clutch because I just peed $1700 to have a new clutch put in because that's what they said the problem was it's not

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Car does 2 things 1 is car while driving will just start revving up on it's own doesn't do it all the time during drive but does do it every time I take car for drive. 2nd thing it does when stopped in drive or reverse taking off car feels like someone is stepping on brakes while I'm giving it gas then all of a sudden tires will chirp can be scary at certain intersections when it happens

·
Registered
185 Posts
Could be a mix of TCM (handles transmission) and abs (handles traction control, Hill assist, torque vectoring, etc)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to ford they told me they replaced the tcm twice already. They think maybe bad wire

·
Registered
175 Posts
Oy. Was going to suggest TCM. My car needed that a few months back. It did similar behavior of you'd be driving and trying to force the car to go faster and rpms were all over the place. You'd have to sometimes like put the pedal on the floor to give it the idea to speed up and go to the next gear. When they replaced that, my issues were solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I talked to ford they told me they replaced the tcm twice already. They think maybe bad wire
honestly do some research on the dealership you take it to. They might just be messing with you and not doing anything. Idk what it is about ford dealerships but they mostly all suck. I ended up driving about 45 miles just to take it to a reputable ford dealer when I had the same problem. And after that, problem solved.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so car has been at shop pretty much since February just got it back still same problem they replaced clutch few times,transmission control module, new computer, new fuse box harness I dont know what else it could be feel like car is cursed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So been driving it this wk another thing I noticed once in a while when on highway car starts to go faster and hold speed on it's own for few seconds like the cruise control is on nit sure it's related

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I tried the cruise control doesn't seem to be working any ideas y not and any chance it could cause my other problems I have listed above

1 - 11 of 11 Posts