Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's almost winter so I figured I'd start my build thread for the '09. It's mostly going to be cosmetic and some performance, but I'll see how things turn out over the next several months.

Currently how the car sits (pic taken several months ago):

1) FRPP kit
2) Front & Rear stress bar (ordered and in progress)
3) Paint lower control arms
4) Powdercoat wheels
5) Paint brake calipers
6) Push-start button
7) Suede door panels, rear panels, A & B pillars
8) Paint or vinyl wrap dash panels
9) Custom headliner
10) Front Seats (rx-8 or similar)
11) Remove rear seats
12) Harness bar
13) Custom enclosure for rear seat/trunk opening
14) Intake
15) 1-off exhaust
16) Re-pin stripe wheels (done for winter)
17) Pin stripe on car
18) Window tint
19) New Enkei center caps (cleaned origional ones, may not need new)
20) Dyno
21) Tint (smoke) tail lights
22) Sylvania Silverstar light bulbs
23) Mach 1 lip (possibly next month)
24) Wheel spacers
25) New set of rims (for winter)
26) Clear bra for front bumper
27) Hawk ceramic brake pads

Also, if anyone has experience with applying roll-on bed liner, please let me know.

I'm about 2-3 weeks away from ordering the FRPP kit, hopefully it'll be here just in time for Christmas. If anyone would like to contribute ideas, feel free too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What do you want to know about roll on bedliner? I've put it on and I sell it, lol. What are you putting it on?

Thats a sweet mod list? What do you plan on using for sealing the trunk off? I've always wanted to do that myself.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you want to know about roll on bedliner? I've put it on and I sell it, lol. What are you putting it on?

Thats a sweet mod list? What do you plan on using for sealing the trunk off? I've always wanted to do that myself.
Don't laugh, but I'm thinking about using the bedliner on the floor of my car after taking the carpet & padding out. I got the beige interior and want to change it around. Plus with me living in winter weather, I won't have to worry about trashing my carpet with snow & salt. Plus, I don't think anyone has done that to their focus, let alone an 08+.

For the trunk, I was going to make a cut-out to fill the gap between the rear seat and the trunk, then either make some design on it, or cover it to match the interior.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Okay so there are two types of roll on bedliner coating. The single part latex stuff, which works okay and the two part epoxy. I did my dads truck with the two part epoxy kit and it came out awesome. It looks just like a spray on bedliner. I will tell you smell inside the car will be an issue, this stuff has a good odor to it. I would try and work outside with all the doors open and a fan blowing air through. It will deffenitly hold up to anything you throw at it. One epoxy kit cost about $100 but has everything you need. One kit will do the entire floor too.

I was thinking of using MDF like they use on the back of dressers and cabinets. It's super thin and pretty strong.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
11/26/2010 Update:

Ordered FSWerks rear stress bar in black. Hooray for 20% discount. Should be here mid-next week. Also, going to order the front stress bar from a person on FJ hopefully tomorrow.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: 11/29/2010

The gf re-pin striped the wheels and cleaned the center caps. I might not need new ones after winter, but I'll see what happens. Still waiting for an e-mail confermation that my order has been shipped from FSwerks (rear stress bar).

·
Registered
16,194 Posts

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Bed liner in your car may make you really woozy while driving. I wouldn't put it in any car but a jeep which is open.

Cool mod list. Cant wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ Thanks!

I'm still thinking about the floor. I

In other news, I just ordered a Massive competition front stress bar in black and having it shipped for only $80 new. This should be an interesting week.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
^^ Thanks!

I'm still thinking about the floor. I

In other news, I just ordered a Massive competition front stress bar in black and having it shipped for only $80 new. This should be an interesting week.
you'll like the stress bar. i love my fswerks bar

1 - 17 of 17 Posts