Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving and i noticed that when I pushed in the clutch it would jump up 2000 rpm and stick then the battery light comes on. When I park the car and let it idle the battery light will come on. as soon as I push the gas light will come off but then rpm goes up and light comes on again. the alternator was replaced about a year ago. Battery is new. Please Help. [dunno]

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
well honestly it could be the alt again. the jumping revs could be the TPS (throttle postioning sensor)

I hope this helps

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
I would check the IAC- Idle Air Control valve since your Rpm's are bouncing around while sitting still.

Are you getting any type of hesitation/ loss of power at certain speeds ?

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
why bother asking for help if your just gunna take it too ford... sorry just seems kinda pointless

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the car back for dealership. It was the alternator. I don't understand, a 2006 car on its 3rd alternator??? WHY???

·
Registered
211 Posts
not necessarily the alternator...but could be the voltage regulator... I've had 3 alternators on my stang in the last 5 years... she blows them apart internally lol

·
Registered
872 Posts
IF it has actually had three alternators fail, then something else is going on here and causing the alternators to fail. Did the dealer indicate on any documentation (or verbally) that they checked the electrical system out.......particularly the charge system?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts