Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i know ive heard this problem before but i dont remeber what causes it, but today i got on the hwy and i noticed my steering wheel was shaking more then normally, and then when i started to go faster like 70 or so miles an hour i could start to feel the whole car shaking and if i loosed my gripe on the wheel it looked like it had 50 cups of coffee, b/c whole body was vibrating the whole way home. I just got my 17s and new brakes put on yesterday, but ive never had this problem before with my 17s and i checked and none of the tires are low on air. Anyway i just want to know what the problem is and what i need to fix thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
tires are out of balance......

·
Registered
500 Posts
Loose lug nut?
Tires unbalanced?
Tires on right way?

Just some thoughts. Might try getting a balance and alignment if all your lugs are tight.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i just figured out what it could be, i think the lugs are tight, so i gotta go get my tires balanced. Anyone know how much thats going to cost?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Typically $10-15 bucks a tire. But it depends on where you live... some bigger cities where the cost of doing business is higher charge $15-20, and I suspect their is a small Podunk somewhere with a bubble balancer that does it for $5.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would say find a smaller hole in the wall shop, i do that for mounting and balancing 4 new tires 20 bucks, I get balanced for like 3 or 4$
that reminds me I need to get a rotate and balance

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
Before I got my new wheels, my car did the same thing that made highway driving damn near aggravating. Since then, I haven't had a problem (knock on wood). I took it to a Tires Plus two minutes from where I work and paid $25 a corner. It seems kinda high, but I got to hang out in the repair bay and watch their new balancer at work.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i found a place with a vibration special and they balanced and rotated my tires for 30 bucks.....but turns out that wasnt the problem, one of the wheels is slightly bent, actually two one is alittle worse then the other, this is after just getting one of them fixed for pothole damage. Woopy, neway they put the two with the slight bends in the rear, and hopfully that will fix the problem and ill be able to drive on the hwy without having my teeth fall out. Its always something, god damn it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
wow sorry to hear it hope it dosen't rattle your teeth out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts