Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when my car is cold/warm it acts like it's not getting alot of fuel or its misfiring. I put 8.5 mm accel plug wires on it and ngk-r plugs and a new fuel filter, but it didnt stop. Im thinking maybe i need new fuel injectors, but im not sure. I could sure use some help!!! 1[thumb] [burnout]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Eurozx3, I'll check that out tumar. I got more probs if you want to help, like my acceleration. Its snappy when my car is cold, but then when its warmed up the acceleration is pokey i dont understand

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok when its cold (like the engine temp its fully warmed up) the accekeration is like i can barely touch the pedal and the car feels very fast, but when the engine is warmed up the acceleration is slow and it takes awhile to get up to higher rpms. What could cuz it

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
my dragged but it went away

·
Registered
39 Posts
Im having the same problem, when I step on the gas, it feels like there is no power, like hesitating in first. I had the transmission fluid check and that was ok, guess I will check the fuel pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My car hesitates after taking highway curves, (turnarounds) at certain speeds. Once I get on a straight surface it hesitates as if there isnt enough gas passing through the injectors

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had an intake or just a cone filter shall we say, then i made my own cold air then i took it off, but now i have the stock air filter and box, but i took the resontor off the side and the snorkel. But it's been doing it for some time now, I think it's the fuel injectors but my friend said its rare that fuel injectors go out i dont know. I just want a new engine thats all

·
Registered
137 Posts
i have the same problem and im pretty sure it has something to do with the fuel pump. when i turn right and im low on fuel my car hesitates.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah but my car does it all the time no matter what. Full tank of gas or low, it does all the time. But how much are fuel pumps??????? [driving]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
vin-sanity said:
i have the same problem and im pretty sure it has something to do with the fuel pump. when i turn right and im low on fuel my car hesitates.
now THAT is the good ol' fuel pump problem. for many others it would probably be a faulty DPFE, especially if its happening more often when the car is warm.

·
Registered
123 Posts
WEll I don't know all those abbreviations that the experts here use. But I do know that you are all experiencing fuel pump problems. I've had to replace mine and the recall letters are in the mail for 2000/01 foci owners.

·
Registered
137 Posts
what do thoes letters look like? I have a 2001 foci. do i just take it up to the ford dealership and tell them i got a letter and to replace it????

1 - 20 of 31 Posts