Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you think that cars doesn't have a soul you're wrong !

She knew that I want to sell her, and this is how she got mad and make everything to do, so I can keep her...

Well lets start.

I was going south on Harlem Ave. I slow down to 35mph on 71th st. because there are some pat holes that i wanted to avoid. After that intersection on right side is a pub-bar where some lady was turning in. Then ( i don't know what she was thinking ) she stop in the middle ( so half of her car were on parking lot and half on the street. I was to close, my brakes jammed and i hit her. My right front side of the car hit exactly the towbar and left side of her bumper.

Of course it was my fault.
We wrote an agreement that we will cover our own damages.

I get a copy and she didn't because she left the scene. Now I don't know what to do. I was 60% sure she was drunk, but I didn't call the cops.

I didn't want to because then probably i will get a ticket...
I was thinking " costs, costs, costs".

Now what I think that must be replaced is: hood, front bumper, right fender, core support, head lamp, hood latch, probably some hoses and other small stuff. I think it's $1500 in damages. I HOPE SO ...

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Oh no. That really sucks... I like your car..

Im thinkin you screwed yourself by not call the cops BTW... No "agreement" will hold any water

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
at least air bag is fine...
or you are looking for to cover the damage...

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Yeah thats a good excuse for not coming next week, sux hard man I see people like that on Harlem ALL the time and almost nail them

$1500 might be on the low side, WAY on the low side. I say sell some parts for cash and use it to pay for damages. Maybe then you can get a new look. Euroness?

BTW your more than welcome to come to the cruise i;m sure one of us can pick you up if you want.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
that sucks, this is why you never mention your going to sell your car while driving it, when i was talking about it my car drove like crap for 2 weeks until i decided to keep it, that morning it drove like it was brand freakin new. but i think you might be looking at more than $1500 especially if you take it the dealership. and you got an 03, if you rack up enough damage you may very well have totaled your car. you gotta factor in labor costs too.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I'd say around $7000 for parts and labor, which would probably total it out. I'm not an adjuster but I screwed up a hood, headlight. fender, rear bumper and some bodywork from an offramp excursion and it was about $4500 and you have WAY more damage than I did.

And if you called the cops and she was drunk it would have been her fault if she was driving drunk.

·
Ehh...
6,265 Posts
^^^ i 2nd that, put a euro rs front instead, and replace all the stuff with cheap parts. who knows, many ppl who face horrible accidents ended up with something better....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
when i totaled my s2 focus all i did was tear up my front suspension and that added to over $5000, only body piece damaged was the front fender. Sorry to be a debbie downer

·
Registered
104 Posts
actually $6471 is what i say the damages will be! im sorry that happened but your still gonna be at the meet? you can drive it there. just try.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Just a suggestion:

1. Buy a beater
2. Take to a shop to see if the frame is straight, if not your screwed and oyu should unload it and part EVERYTHING out to buy a new car, if it is continue on.
3. Sell a lot of parts such as the wing, wheels, rear bumper and anything else that could be salvaged.
4. Scour FF and salvage yards for good replacement parts for the mechanical and chassis parts.
5. Buy new better aftermarket parts

6. Better car than ever and a beater car for the winter!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was able to drove it to my friends body shop and leave it there. Car runs fine, no overheat whatsoever. I actually do a research on used part from junkyard.

I've got already the hood. My old one which I replaced because it was scratched because somebody seats on it ( previous owner ).
Fender $75 - already painted black from junkyard
Core support - no more than $100.
I will replace both headlamps - $120 shipped from eBay ( euro look )
I found ZX3 already painted bumpers with fogs for $450 -no more fiberglass body kits ;)

It isn't really bad... Or I'm wrong but will see tomorrow.

Since I work for dealer probably they will give me a car till I fix mine.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
oooo dude rough.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Day time pictures:

Today I talked with my friend at the body shop and he told me that there is no more than $3000 in damages ( including parts and labor )
I already bought new headlights, now I'm searching for other stuff :)

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Sweet man, I was WAY off, good to hear about the low cost. If you need a grill, I can give my old one, literally give, no cost. Its just sitting in my garage since I can barely sell it for anything I might as well donate it to a good cause, if I can find it that is. Keep us updated

1 - 20 of 50 Posts