Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**UPDATE 9/20/2007** THE CAR IS NO LONGER BEING SOLD! I GET TO KEEP MY BABY! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! [woot] [woot]

Well, here she is. My car. She's finally done being modded, and I thought it my duty to you all to make a thread showing it from start to finish. Its been a long journey, one that started in December of 2003 when I joined Focus Fanatics. My original intent was to find out what type of Focus I had purchased. You will know what I mean in a second. Enjoy looking at the pics and watching the vids.... I think she's come a long way!

2001 Ford Focus Street Edition (Automatic)

ENGINE:
Ford Racing Underdrive Pulley
Ford Racing 9mm Sparkplug Wires
Volant Cold Air Intake
MBRP Full Catback Exhaust
Optima YellowTop Battery

APPEARANCE:
Full Xenon Lip Kit with Sideskirts
16" Painted Stock Rims
OEM Clear Grille
Clear Corners
SilBlade Silicone Wipers
Debadged
20% Tint All Around
Batman Emblems
Painted Interior Pieces

STEREO:
Kenwood KDC-MP7028 Head Unit

GLOW:
Streetglow 7-Color LED Underbody Kit
Streetglow 7-Color LED Wheelwell Kit
Lite Rider LED Bar (Green... moves back and forth like Knight Rider, several speeds)
Streetglow OPTIX Headlight Strobes
Streetglow OPTIX Taillight Strobes
Streetglow LEDs (8 total, 2 in each vent for illumination)
Streetglow Tubes (Two 10", Four 9", illuminating footwells in front and back)
LED Dome Light
Streetglow OPTIX Strobe Controller
Streetglow LED Kit Controller (One controller operates both Underbody and Wheelwell)
Lite Rider LED Status Bar/Controller
Custom Switchpanel in Ashtray

We start our pictorial journey when I first brought her home. It was advertised as a "2001 Ford Focus Street Edition with S-Type Appearance Package"

(That's not paint, the Street Editions came with a silver surround like that, as well as silver door inserts, silver guage faces, sport-bucket seats, and suspension components found on the Euro Focus.)

I KNEW what a Street Edition Focus was... never knew there was something called the "S-Type Appearance Package" I posted up a thread about it here, and immediately got flamed by so many people for the badging. And I mean FLAMED. As a matter of fact, one or two members were banned because of things that were said.

Long story short, I learned the dealership put on a Xenon Bodykit and custom badging on the car, and that it most certainly was NOT something that Ford offered. And I learned that the badging was something called 'Rice,' and it should be avoided like the plague. [;)]

But, even with that horrible first experience, I was hooked on the site. First thing I did, cause it was the cheapest, was an interior paint.

But, as we all well know.. even after satisfying the mod bug, its not too long til it bites at you again.... so I saved up a bunch of money, made some pretty amazing e-bay purchases, and consulted with friends on here. I ended up getting some glow, clear corners, a clear grille, and a Kenwood HU.

Then, time for some performance mods. Volant Intake, Ford Racing UDP, MBRP Exhaust...

Here is an exhaust vid, since I know all of you are wondering what it sounds like. And as an added lil treat, it features some glow... and some strobes [:p]

Painted Rims!

I'm Batman!

Eventually, the StreetGlow Gold Series Neon Kit I had broke, so I decided to upgrade to the LED kits. Also added a kick-ass switchpanel (THANKS LEE!) and some strobes...

I've thrown a lot of stuff into the car over the years, and with each mod it kept getting better and better. And now, she's up for sale and soon I will be having to say goodbye to my wonderful Focus. I'll miss her.....

Enjoy these pictures.....

And enjoy these glow videos...

Comments welcome! Oh, and before anyone says anything about it no, the car will never be lowered. The roads by me are utterly horrible, the parking garage ramps I have to use are way too steep, and my front lip is already low enough. PLUS I have the LED kits in the wheel wells, and I don't want to diminish the light throw. So yeah, no drop.

Thanks for looking!

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
Great pics matt. That was a good tribute to your focus. I'm sorry you have to sell it, and I know you'll miss it. Hopefully the next owner will like glow almost as much as you. Heck, maybe they'll lower it.....lol. Good luck with the sale!

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
bummer that you're selling it..

·
Registered
699 Posts
Does that mean you're leaving us?????? Btw, love those friggin' neon lights.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Uhh I don't know what to say. I can't believe you of all people are going to sell your car. Why? My world has been shaken.[shameful]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
its so sad to see it go matt, its an awesome focus and made me love glow on cars, eventually ill glow up my car as well, prolly not as much as yours but still will, and if i had cash id pay off the car for you if you owe on t or toss ya 10k to see ya keep it, crazymatt wont be going anywhere but he is the 3rd focus owner from this site i got to meet and it sucks to see it go, but you got my vote for ROTM and i think youll get it this time around

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to sell it because of mounting medical bills. Long story short, when my wisdom teeth were removed, they pried my jaw open too far for too long, and ended up straingin and stretching all the muscles that make my jaw work.

I am in constant facial pain, can barely talk, have to wear a jaw splint, and get daily severe headaches. On three different types of painkillers. Gonna be like this for at least 9 more months. Then the Dr. will re-evaluate it.

I have to quit my job (its 90 percent talking on the phone), and short-term disability isn't covering all our bills. So, my wife and I will share her car (2006 Toyota Corolla LE)

Hence... that's why she has to go.. *sniffle*

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
It sounds like you need a Lawyer. That really sucks man.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
my god dude. thats terrible...

i imagine the reason you arent selling the corolla is because you would be upside down in it huh?

that sucks dude. you def should get a lawyer. because if it was an injury caused by a DR the DR is responsible for all subsequent medical bills. at least thats the way it works out here in cali.

im sorry for you pain and your inevitable loss of your car man.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
this is a nice car and much has been done to keep it looking good and not tacky.

a few of those pics were at my apartment.

·
Focal Distortion LV
723 Posts
Dude, that's a CRAZY male-practice lawsuit waiting to happen. Sue that Mother [:)][:)][:)][:)]er for everything he's got. That is sheer disregard for a patient.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't worry... the malpractice suit is already occurring as we speak.

But I want this thread to be about the car, not about the injury... [thumb]

I love my Focus....

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
hopefully you will be able to replace your s-edition with another one after all this blows over.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i wish i could buy it, and hold it till you want it back [grinking]

·
Jetsetter
6,660 Posts
i wish i could buy it, and hold it till you want it back [grinking]
if i have the extra cash i would do the same for ya buddy, ive always been a fan of your car and hopefully everything works out and you can make the next one just as good if not better, im sure you have more ideas on what to do.

best of luck, really hope everything works out for the better

1 - 20 of 106 Posts