Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car cutts out at 110,,,how can i get rid of this governer,,i know its something in the computer thats keeping me from going over 110....when i first bought it it would cutt out at 120,,,,now that i had 3 trannys put in i think the ford dealership changed it to 110 for some reason....anyone have the software to change this? or know where i can get it done at? its kinda embarrassing when someone in a fricken honda passes me at 110....i cant take it anymore,,,lol

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
brandon0133 said:
now that i had 3 trannys put in i think the ford dealership changed it to 110 for some reason....
yes...what possible reason could they have...[paranoid]

·
Registered
715 Posts
that's so awesome dazada.

·
Registered
930 Posts
The STs have a 120mph limiter, all others choke ~108mph.

I do not have one, as I currently have an xcal2 tune that removes it.

If you are going that fast, you better have a legit place to do it, and you better have tires rated to the task. No need in dying cause you have less capable tires.

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone know where i can go to get this limiter removed?

·
1fastfocus05
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my buddy has a 2006 nissian sentra spec v...he out runs me after 110...that sucks cause i hang in there with him till then...well hes my boss so we race home everynight after work...down the highway...not always that fast but sometimes if no one is on the road..its 130am before i get off work so now ones out there...maybe cops...lol

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Wow, I really though you were 18 or something.

Slow the F down on the roads.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have only gone over 100 once... got the 06 SES up to around 106mph before I decided to slow it down. Had a huge gap on 476 around Allentown a few weeks back. Other than that... yea an XCal2 would get rid of that. But seriously is it worth it how often are you driving over 100mph???

·
Registered
454 Posts
SLOW THE [:)][:)][:)][:)] DOWN.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If you changed your overall tire diameter with the new wheel and tire combo, that could have caused the change in top speed. An xCal can take care of that as well.

Tony D

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
i sure hope you are doing this on closed roads.

if not...

oh well, no use arguing darwinism

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Please do this in a safe place.

Also, I like how you have stickers for mods you don't even have. Always a good thing [thumb] 5whp per?

·
Registered
549 Posts
it may be the 200 pounds of rice your pulling that is slowing you down.....[joke] probably is the wheels throwing off the speedo, or like you said...ford changed it to protect any further damage.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Just wait..... 6 months down the road we're gonna see a "OMG! I Wrecked My Focus!" thread....

*rolls eyes&

·
Registered
815 Posts
Brandon how is your 0-60 6.9 sec with no engine mods? I also have a 2.3 with CAI, Exhaust, Headers and I only running maybe mid 7's. But of course I do have a automatic but if a stock manual 2.3 can do 6.9 im bout to just trade my focus in for that big of a difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.