Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it all started last night...

I was changing to another highway on a somewhat tight ramp. Normally i would just downshift to 4th and just take it a little faster.. well i decided to downshift again to 3rd so i could really fly around it, and as i started to accelerate.. as it hit about 4 or 5k rpm, it felt like i was bouncin off the rev limiter and kinda was buckin like it would lose power, gain it back and lose it again..

well today i was out for a drive.. went fine for the first few miles, but than i started to take off pretty hard from a stoplight.. (takin care of a little honda hatchback) and it did the same.. but in every gear.. the honda thinks it got me now [mad] anyone ever seen this before... it does it almost every time i really accelerate hard now in about the same RPM range.. i don't know if its not getting enough fuel.. or the clutch is slippin.. or anything..

I bought the car about 4 months ago.. and this is the first time it is happening.. all the engine has on it is an intake and exhaust that i know of.. any help would be great.. only got 500 miles left on the warranty!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey i am a new owner of a 01 zx3 and i am having the exact same problem i checked with ford and they said there is no recalls on my car. I am going to take it in hopefully it is just the fuel pump, which still really sucks since i just bought the car 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zxgreen3 said:
Hey i am a new owner of a 01 zx3 and i am having the exact same problem i checked with ford and they said there is no recalls on my car. I am going to take it in hopefully it is just the fuel pump, which still really sucks since i just bought the car 3 weeks ago.
I found the recall http://www.autosafety.org/Focus03N01.pdf

turns out there are alot of recalls, especially for 2000-01.. makes me wonder how safe this car is.. [???:)] [paranoid]

·
Registered
380 Posts
the zx3 was made in mexico, and it does have alot of recalls. but look at some of them. most are precaustions. and more than likely would not cause an accident

·
AKA Toyotech
4,041 Posts
most r little recalls, i haven't had 4 done since they have been released still.

your problem is the fuel pump, when its replaced. try not to run the tank down because what happens is the sending unit basically takes a dump due to its location

1 - 8 of 8 Posts