Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SVT started knocking on the highway one day while I was on my way to work. It sounds like it's coming from cylinder 3, but I can't be sure. It also still has oil pressure, so I'm hoping that the crank is salvageable.

She only had 87k on the clock, and I only put 4k miles on it in the time that I've owned it. I changed the oil twice in that time as well.

I have no idea what to do, someone help me :( She's sitting in my work parking lot and I don't know how much longer it'll stay there before it gets towed.

If you have a dolly, or some expertise on the SVT I really could use your help. I may be a girl, but I can turn a wrench and help. I can cook and supply beer also :)

Please help, this is my only car and I'm totally screwed without it :(

Love y'all!

Cory <3

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
a dollys not gonna help LOL....you need to get it towed to maybe a decent mechanic shop and have them quote you.....theres a big texas crowd im sure someone can help you...talk to tukanisvt or whatever it is...he knows his stuff and I think hes in Texas

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't take my cars to shops. I buy tools, manuals, and do it myself! Unfortunately this one requires more muscle than I've got, which is why I made this cry for help :( If I could just have another set of hands to help, keep me motivated, and keep me from doing anything I shouldn't be, that would be awesome!

I'm going to have it towed back to my apartment as soon as I can. If I had money and a tow vehicle, it wouldn't be a big deal. I can barely put gas in her.

I already have one set of hands willing to help! :D

If you have some spare time this summer, leave your number and I'll give you a call :)

Cory <3

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my opinion, if you're old enough to behave you're old enough to have a brew with your friends.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I should have my car towed to Texas so I can get my car fixed too I have the same issue! Haha towed to Texas WTF.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Damn I just flew in from Austin. I was right there :( Wish I would of seen this thread sooner. Best of luck and if you don't get any I will be back there in 2 weeks. And I can come help you out.

Chris

·
Registered
530 Posts
^^This man knows his Shiet! lol

Chris lmk when you come into TX again bro..

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Buy a built short block and just swap it. Its not to hard

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Money is kind of an issue, or else I would have just taken it somewhere. Right now I just need an A-B car. Maybe one day I'll put one together, if I don't sell it before then.

·
Registered
332 Posts
1. Pull motor
2. Remove Crank & Pistons OR Bring to machine shop and have it serviced there.
3. Send to machine shop to have crank cleaned and bearing sized
4. Reinstall.

Napa Machine Shop
201 South Frazier Street, Conroe, TX
(936) 756-5551

There is an older gentleman that runs their machine shop. (Or did 5-6 years ago) Work I was getting quoted for over 1k was DONE PERFECTLY for $150 in 2 days after he told me $350 and a week. I would trust this gentleman to do ANY machine work ANY time.

Not sure if that is local to you or not. Austin. Not too close then.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what kinda beer are we talkin about here:)
Any beer you wish, as long as it's available (and if you give me a ride to the store [rofl])

Not just beer, but free food too.

Where's Team Focalize?
I'm a culinary student too, so I can really whip up something y'all will like.

Team Focalize? Bring 'em!

1. Pull motor
2. Remove Crank & Pistons OR Bring to machine shop and have it serviced there.
3. Send to machine shop to have crank cleaned and bearing sized
4. Reinstall.

Napa Machine Shop
201 South Frazier Street, Conroe, TX
(936) 756-5551

There is an older gentleman that runs their machine shop. (Or did 5-6 years ago) Work I was getting quoted for over 1k was DONE PERFECTLY for $150 in 2 days after he told me $350 and a week. I would trust this gentleman to do ANY machine work ANY time.

Not sure if that is local to you or not. Austin. Not too close then.
That's a smokin' deal. There are a few places around here that should be able to get the job done. My friends have shared similar stories about them.

I can't wait to get it home and in pieces. The sooner I start the sooner I can feel better about it.

Cory <3

1 - 17 of 17 Posts